Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day pack

Day pack

I know there ls going to be different opinions. I'm looking for a good day pack. Im looking at a badlands 2200 from Cabelas or the Cabela brand. I would love Sitka or Kuiu pack but unfortunately right now the budget isnt there for either of those brands.
    Any comments good or bad are appreciated.
    Thanks

Brian

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Day pack

I'd take a look on Rokslide. You might find a good used one (Sitka/kuiu) at a price you can afford

I have a 2200 and I love it. Good space and the buckles work even if you break one side of a clip. Not the greatest to find a bladder for if you’re going to....Badlands site they’re about $45 or so and shipping is about $50 or something stupid like that.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Good idea, to have a day pack that holds what you need to carry and fits yourself with the hunting clothes under, better yet if it looks and feels like what you like, you're on the right track.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Guys are starting to unload the exo K2 bags now that they have a new model out, I second the check rokslide comment.

I’d avoid the 2200. When I first started out my hunting partner was kind enough to lend me his. I found it very uncomfortable with any weight. Definitely put your feelers out for a used pack.

I used a Badlands 2200 for 7 years.
    Pros:
    Super well made, as are all badlands packs
    quiet and low profile on your back,
    AWESOME WARRANTY!!!!
    in a pinch, can be used as a meat hauler, but not really something you will want to use it for often.

Cons:
    Adjustability - I am a smaller stature guy and found it to be a little big for me. I lacks torso adjustment and at a 33" waist
    As said above, can be uncomfortable if loaded heavy as it lacks adjustability

If you are just using it as a day pack, I'd recommend the Badlands Diablo Dos over the 2200. I find its a little more functional. Better pockets, rifle/bow carrier, super ventillation on your back in warmer weather.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 07-29-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    I'd take a look on Rokslide. You might find a good used one (Sitka/kuiu) at a price you can afford
    K great thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I used a Badlands 2200 for 7 years.
    Pros:
    Super well made, as are all badlands packs
    quiet and low profile on your back,
    AWESOME WARRANTY!!!!
    in a pinch, can be used as a meat hauler, but not really something you will want to use it for often.

Cons:
    Adjustability - I am a smaller stature guy and found it to be a little big for me. I lacks torso adjustment and at a 33" waist
    As said above, can be uncomfortable if loaded heavy as it lacks adjustability

If you are just using it as a day pack, I'd recommend the Badlands Diablo Dos over the 2200. I find its a little more functional. Better pockets, rifle/bow carrier, super ventillation on your back in warmer weather.
    Thanks Ron, I'll look at the diablo pack. This will be my first real good hunting day pack so I want to make sure I get something good quality but in my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    I’d avoid the 2200. When I first started out my hunting partner was kind enough to lend me his. I found it very uncomfortable with any weight. Definitely put your feelers out for a used pack.
    Hey went rot thanks for your feedback! Did it hurt your back or more so your shoulders?