Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wells grey park

wells grey park

does anyone out there have any info on the 400 meter no shooting area along the Clearwater road? I've heard there may be some variance to this rule but have been unable to find any mention of it in any web sight I've looked through. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks,JB

2. Site Sponsor

Re: wells grey park

Sorry I don't know about the 400 rule, but last time I checked, you have to know you hunting units as the main park road is not a hunt-able unit.

thanks, it's an leh area.

Quote Originally Posted by jbruce View Post
    thanks, it's an leh area.
    There is all general open season allowed as well in the park, just it starts Sept 20 rather than the tenth, and only in 3-46, not 3-45...thick country, and as the rule states, 400m on either side of the main road that takes you right to Clearwater lake there is no hunting or shooting...beautiful country, bring your camera, the waterfalls are awesome..

400m no shooting from all "public roads" in all provincial parks. I cannot imagine variances to this.

Quote Originally Posted by XPEIer View Post
    400m no shooting from all "public roads" in all provincial parks. I cannot imagine variances to this.
    There are variations

Parks, Conservancies, Recreation Areas & Protected Areas marked withan asterisk (*) are exempt from the No Hunting No Shooting Restrictionwithin 400 m of the centre line of park roads. These parks are NOT exempt from Highway No Shooting and No Hunting Areas.
    http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/spo...parks_hunt.pdf

it's pretty clear in the regulations which parts of Well Gray Park are "exempt" from the no shooting rule within the lawful hunting season.

Last edited by Xenomorph; 09-06-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

PM Dana, he might know....

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    There are variations

it's pretty clear in the regulations, Well Gray Park is "exempt" from the no shooting rule within the lawful hunting season.
    Seriously?

Except for the hunting prohibition in 3-45 - which is a huge chunk of the park - and the main road in.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Seriously?

Except for the hunting prohibition in 3-45 - which is a huge chunk of the park - and the main road in.
    Thanks for that, I thought I edited to "which parts are exempt" but it must have timed off on me.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

Stillwater, Battle Mountain, Clearwater River road are exempt. Everything else is 400m no hunting or shooting. You won't see much from the main road usually anyway. It's thick country. Be very aware of private property as well. You won't get a lot of leeway pleading ignorance on that one. PM me if you want more info. I have hunted it a lot.