View Poll Results: Ever see another hunter on trail cam?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

3 2.59%
  • Occasionally

32 27.59%
  • Rarely

41 35.34%
  • Never

40 34.48%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fellow hunters on trail cams

Fellow hunters on trail cams

The other thread has me curious, have you ever captured another hunter on your trail cam? Rare occasion or happen a lot? Close to a road or a solid hike?

I have never had another hunter show up on camera but it seems some people think you are on camera anytime you step in the woods.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fellow hunters on trail cams

I have only had a pic of one person on cam ever. It was a surveyor flagging the right of way for a new logging road.

If you set cams in timber away from trails, and cut blocks odds are you won’t get pics of people if you are 100+yards in the bush.

I had a couple on a quad park and enjoy each other's company in front of a camera once.
    Had a couple hikers with their heads down tromp on by once.
    I don't have cameras in either location anymore either.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Never had another hunter on trailcam but I did have a mushroom picker several years ago. And this year I had a couple campers who saw a bear and decided to try and follow it and they walked passed the camera.

That's it for about 7 or 8 years running half a dozen cams, mostly year round.

My cams range from 100M to 5km from roads. My two people sightings in almost a decade were both 100M from the road.

I dont use my cameras much anymore but had one hunter on it. My buddies get people at least once a season. Last season I was hunting a good 5km from a road up high an the next day my buddy who lives an hour away texted me "hey so did you see anything up by that rock face"...... he got me on his camera waaaay in the bush, also know if a few regular satelite cams that I walk past regularly, still dont know who owns them.

Got a pic of a mushroom picker once. It was pretty close to a road, but a little weird out of the way spot so I was a bit surprised, but not totally shocked.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Had one hunter on cam, he was nice enough to leave it alone even though he clearly saw it. Lost a cam to a 2 legged critter, fairly sure it was not a bear. Have come across a couple cams, wish I had my camera with to check the SD cards in them!!! Would never steal one.

I have had people on my cams and there not close to any roads. i've also seen cameras that most likely got pics of me a long way from any road.

Never a hunter but did pick up a couple silviculture guys in survey garb but they weren't flagging anything. Maybe a re gen survey or something. Anyways Kudos to those guys the direction they came from holey hell did they ever come through some ugly steep going.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Several times.....