View Poll Results: Ever see another hunter on trail cam?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

3 2.59%
  • Occasionally

32 27.59%
  • Rarely

41 35.34%
  • Never

40 34.48%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fellow hunters on trail cams

Re: Fellow hunters on trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    358 post pics or it didn't happen.....
    Its on video and I have no idea how to down load it for HBC .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Yes , we have had other hunters pass by our cameras . Most of them are quite far in of the roads . Only had one stolen . We run around thirty in a couple diifferent areas , just in case of wildfires . This season we went into some very restrictive country that has major elk , moose and deer droppings . Seems though that someone else feels that we are trespassing on his personal CROWN land hunting area. He goes through and deletes all the pictures of ungulates and just leaves us pictures of the bears , cats and coyotes . Obviously a local that should know better . At least he places them back where he found them . He should not have deleted the pictures of us coming and going in the camera - dead giveaway . We still plan to hunt this area this season . Hope to run into this individual .

We placed a couple up Sunday summit, lost one and the other one had a guy taking a dump in front of it, just crazy, so after that different area with no problems since
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

just once in ten years. but, i knew the hunter, he smiled and waved. i moved the cam away from there.

No but i found a cam close to mine. Posted a picture on the Island hunting FB group and we have become friends and hunting buddies.

Someone dressed up in this costume and chewed up my camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0056.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	7504  

I've had pics of me on a cam sent to me! I love walking by cams with animals on my back.

I knew where the cam was located SO I made sure I took that route back with a 4pt in the pack.

small world

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    We placed a couple up Sunday summit, lost one and the other one had a guy taking a dump in front of it, just crazy, so after that different area with no problems since
    See, now that is an issue, lol.
    I have always wondered at times, especially in higher traffic areas, "is it safe to take a dump right here"????

Hate to say it, but leaving a cam out in the middle of nowhere is going to lead to it being stolen, imo.
    I know my buddy lost, or should I say, had it stolen up in the Pitt Lake LEH hunt a couple years back.

And yes, I suppose if some don't steal it, they will be tempted to open it up an look at the card if they have a camera along that fits the card.
    Atleast it isn't stolen!
    Saw it on "Deadliest Catch" where one boat "checked out" a crab trap or 2 from another vessel to see how the fishing was.

How do you folks with Cams feel about folks checking out your cards????

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    See, now that is an issue, lol.
    I have always wondered at times, especially in higher traffic areas, "is it safe to take a dump right here"????

Hate to say it, but leaving a cam out in the middle of nowhere is going to lead to it being stolen, imo.
    I know my buddy lost, or should I say, had it stolen up in the Pitt Lake LEH hunt a couple years back.

And yes, I suppose if some don't steal it, they will be tempted to open it up an look at the card if they have a camera along that fits the card.
    Atleast it isn't stolen!
    Saw it on "Deadliest Catch" where one boat "checked out" a crab trap or 2 from another vessel to see how the fishing was.

How do you folks with Cams feel about folks checking out your cards????
    I would never touch another hunters cameras. Just leave it alone

Quote Originally Posted by hparrott View Post
    I would never touch another hunters cameras. Just leave it alone
    ^^^ This. I stumbled upon one a number of years ago. Waved hello & moved on. Simple decency. Don't use them personally but have no issues with others doing so. It's a risk, shit gets stolen all the time in the bush. Vehicle break ins etc.... nasty.