View Poll Results: Ever see another hunter on trail cam?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

3 2.59%
  • Occasionally

32 27.59%
  • Rarely

41 35.34%
  • Never

40 34.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fellow hunters on trail cams

Re: Fellow hunters on trail cams

Happened a couple times on my whitetail cams as they usually aren't more than a kilometer or so off the nearest road. Never seen a soul on any in the back country.

Never been concerned when I've come across any in the bush. Try to avoid them if I notice them before I've walked passed, otherwise just give the thumbs up and keep on hiking.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Mine are on private land all year, and about four or times a year capture images of trespassers.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Never seen a hunter on any of my camaras. I have 10 going with my hunting partner. I have only captured one human on my camera and it was my camera that is on my property monitoring my cabin.

Never, yet. I mostly run blacktail cams that are quite a hike in.

That's not to say someone hasn't spotted the cam, went through my pics and deleted the ones of themselves on it. Always a possibility ... but unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    I had a couple on a quad park and enjoy each other's company in front of a camera once.
    Had a couple hikers with their heads down tromp on by once.
    I don't have cameras in either location anymore either.
    Pretty sure me and my buddies found your cam a couple years back, walked up saluted it and moved on.

I was out hunting on this mountain a few years ago when I came across a couple of hunters. Not a popular area but quite productive. One guy I had run into years ago was in a talkative cheerful mood, the other younger guy seemed disappointed that there was someone else (me) in this area. We chatted for a bit and I told them I had shot a buck right in this exact spot last weekend and I was back for his brother. He asked if that trailcam 15 feet away was mine. It was placed right where the buck had tumbled down a hill and I had field dressed before packing out.
    After i explained it wasn't mine we parted ways. On my way back through a few hours later I checked the cams sd card and saw the cheerfull guy making a funny face but didn't see myself at all. I couldn't understand how it didn't capture me as I was right in front of it. I guess I'm not photogenic enough. LOL.
    BCWF, NFA, CSSA, CCFR.

I have had a few people. 2 forestry workers, 2 hikers and 1 hunter. None of them noticed the camera. The only one that noticed the camera was a fellow on a dirt bike who waved at it. He was a good rider as the camera was up some steep rocky bluffs.

I had a father and son dou smiling and waving at a camera about 5 years ago. Met the fella this last winter while out having a fire with the family and got to chatting about the area. Fun times

I might be the only one with 3 FN's on a trail camera walking -hunting in the day light , closest road is about 3 KM away . But full credit to them they just laughed ,gave a big smile and didnt try and steal the camera .
    Last edited by 358mag; 07-30-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

358 post pics or it didn't happen.....