Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scent control vs scent masking/playing the wind...or both

Re: Scent control vs scent masking/playing the wind...or both

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    In an interview with the son of jim Jones, I believe he said it was actually off-brand flavor-aide.

On topic...I use the "scent free" detergents because they dont have the UV brighteners in them, not because of the smell.
    What do you guys think about these "hex suits" that nock-on is pumping? Supposed to eliminate your magnetic field or something? Supposedly he's had great success with super spooky axis deer
    As far as UV Brighteners, which was a good point by the way, I use regular Borax Soap or I just wash with "nothing", hot water only or Baking Soda added.

As for scent, there is one thing I was told to try by on old timer.
    Cut some pine bows or juniper, throw in a large bag and throw your clothes in there and leave for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    What do you guys think about these "hex suits" that nock-on is pumping? Supposed to eliminate your magnetic field or something? Supposedly he's had great success with super spooky axis deer
    Thread is a couple months old now, but this was too funny and I had to look up the marketing wankery for these suits myself to believe anyone was actually saying this.. lol.

Couple things:
    -the strength of an electromagnetic field is divided by the square of the distance between the origin of the field and the point at which it is measured. So unless you're trying to kill the deer with an angry hug, it's probably going to notice you in some other way before it notices your electromagnetic field (if they even can? didn't look that up).
    -even if you wear the full suit, including balaclava, there's still a big hole in the "faraday cage" in line with your eyeballs. Right behind your eyeballs is your brain, which is the biggest concentration of electrical impulses in your body. So even if you believe everything about these suits, it's not working any time your face is pointed at the animal.
    -Even if the suit works 100% as advertised (as you can tell, I doubt that), if you carry any electronic devices (cell/sat phone, GPS, radio, etc) outside of the suit, they have a stronger field than you do. And if you carry them inside the suit, they won't (shouldn't) work while in there.

IMHO, there's plenty of other over-priced gimmicks to choose from. Don't support that one.

If anyone DOES have one of these suits, do me a favor: put it on and boot up a GPS or grab your phone, then pull your head, arms, and GPS/phone completely inside the shirt. Does it still get any signal? If yes, it's not even a Faraday cage!
    Last edited by Yuritau; 11-06-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    As far as UV Brighteners, which was a good point by the way, I use regular Borax Soap or I just wash with "nothing", hot water only or Baking Soda added.

As for scent, there is one thing I was told to try by on old timer.
    Cut some pine bows or juniper, throw in a large bag and throw your clothes in there and leave for a few days.
    Or you could just go back to basic hunting 101 and pay attention to the wind which is what every hardcore who pops a primer from time to time is doing.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

You couldn’t pay me to hunt without scent control. I shower with scent free soap,use scent free deodorant and scent free laundry soap paired with fresh earth scent wafers. Just ask the one bear and five deer and the immature moose my dad and I have shot this year. We also rub down with fresh fir or balsam boughs before each hunt. I’m not saying it’s 100% effective but it sure as hell buys some time to get a shot off. Since we started that regime 20 years ago our success went through the roof. I’m no ozonics or hex fan gimmicks are just that!! But taking good precautions definitely make all the difference from a whitetail taking off on a hell bent run or stopping and blowing at me because it’s not 100% certain.. hence enough time for a shot. But I digress

Talk to a dog handler in law enforcement or search and rescue and see their opinion on scent block clothing. This type of clothing was put to the test in a Myth Busters episode and the clothing failed miserably. When you realize what human scent is comprised of, that type of clothing is, at best, a case of ignorance is bliss and a manufacture's motto of "it is a sin to let a sucker keep their money". If you want to test this, dress in your scent block clothing and then have someone keep your dog where your dog can't see you. Dress in your scent block clothing and go for a walk, then radio to the person holding your dog to let it go to try and track you down. I think you will place the scent lock clothing in a closet or wear your scent block clothing but keep constant attention to wind direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    Thread is a couple months old now, but this was too funny and I had to look up the marketing wankery for these suits myself to believe anyone was actually saying this.. lol.

Couple things:
    -the strength of an electromagnetic field is divided by the square of the distance between the origin of the field and the point at which it is measured. So unless you're trying to kill the deer with an angry hug, it's probably going to notice you in some other way before it notices your electromagnetic field (if they even can? didn't look that up).
    -even if you wear the full suit, including balaclava, there's still a big hole in the "faraday cage" in line with your eyeballs. Right behind your eyeballs is your brain, which is the biggest concentration of electrical impulses in your body. So even if you believe everything about these suits, it's not working any time your face is pointed at the animal.
    -Even if the suit works 100% as advertised (as you can tell, I doubt that), if you carry any electronic devices (cell/sat phone, GPS, radio, etc) outside of the suit, they have a stronger field than you do. And if you carry them inside the suit, they won't (shouldn't) work while in there.

IMHO, there's plenty of other over-priced gimmicks to choose from. Don't support that one.

If anyone DOES have one of these suits, do me a favor: put it on and boot up a GPS or grab your phone, then pull your head, arms, and GPS/phone completely inside the shirt. Does it still get any signal? If yes, it's not even a Faraday cage!

Or you could save a Ave a bunch of money and just wrap yourself in tinfoil. It’s about the same thing. I’m going to dress up like Chevy Chase in the “Spys Like Us” alien scene. I bet I get lots of time to shoot as the deer will be VERY confused!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.