Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To camo or not to camo...That is the Question!!!

Re: To camo or not to camo...That is the Question!!!

There was a very indepth sudy done by the US military, this was after it adopted the digi camo pattern for all its systems. The very indepth study found that digi camp sucks the big one better than any other. Very detailed camp patterns only work when you look at it up close, from any distance more than 20yds it all blends together and it is a blob as many have mentioned. Camp patterns with larger blocks, blobs and distinct colour breaks actually do break up the outline when youre sitting still. This is my favourite camo pattern for a majority of my hunting, its wool, its not expensive, it works.

Cool. Reminds me of my mom’s Leopard print dinner jacket. I’ll have to see if it fits me next time I’m home...

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Cool. Reminds me of my mom’s Leopard print dinner jacket. I’ll have to see if it fits me next time I’m home...
    Next hunting success pics from you better include a leopard print dinner jacket or I am going to be thoroughly disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Next hunting success pics from you better include a leopard print dinner jacket or I am going to be thoroughly disappointed
    What my leopard speedo picture wasn't good enough for you? Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    What my leopard speedo picture wasn't good enough for you? Ouch
    I don’t want to know and if I seen such a pic it was so disturbing and traumatic that my mind has repressed the memory to the point it no longer exists

you sir sir are a sick sick little man

Camo makes for better hunting pictures... When I guide, I wear it so the client can't blame what I am wearing if he doesn't get an animal, but for most hunts, not a necessity. My wife says she prefers camo because it helps the blood stains blend in...

Ive taken as much game in blaze orange or a mixed colour plaid as camo, but had a friend take some photos of me wearing different patterns, different materials and what not. The above camo worked the best to break up the outline and blend in where I hunt. second was a green red beige plaid. its not about looking like a tree or a "realtree"..... its about breaking up your outline and staying still.

For years we hunted waterfowl in a green hat, tan Pioneer "Bone Dry" and black hip boots. Big game was red hat, red Plaid Mac and jeans. we did alright. I believe that camo is an advantage in waterfowl hunting and maybe in a deer hide/blind. My camo for big game usually consists of a Stanfield and jeans. Worked well so far.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Camo helps hide you from other humans, that's a major plus to me.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Wash your hunting clothes in Sportwash and then after they are dry spray them with UV killer ..All laundry soaps leave a UV brightner on the washed clothes ...All game animals can see this and will definitly spot you because you stand out ..We dont see the UV's ..Movement is picked up by game and humans ..stealth is key ..Noisy clothes also draw attention ..Wool is king as is polyester because its quiet ...Dennis