Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: To camo or not to camo...That is the Question!!!

Re: To camo or not to camo...That is the Question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    Camo seat covers in Elevated Ambush. Smokin’ idea Salty...! You the man...!

I tried going the other way and matching my hunting cloths to the black leather in my truck...but just ended up looking like that biker guy from the Village People....oh, and deer can still run when they’re laughing...!
    Hey we're an inclusive group here fuzzy if you wanna rock the leather guy from the Village People you go. *snork!* lol

Seriously though being the confirmed road hunter that I am I have stepped out of the truck and only taken a step or two and shot a deer or four in the past. I think they should start making one colour cammo, dead matches for truck colours. Hey you can get a perfect match canopy made I'm sure they could match clothing! How frickn stealth would that be, see a deer get out of the truck and - wtf the deer says, I heard the door open but I can't see the guy, he's still in the truck I guess... boom!
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Deer, like humans, will pick up on movement first, that is number one...but what camo does is break up patterns, so yes many people have been successful hunting without camo, but camo does give that subtle advantage...

Camo is kind of gay. Next thing you know you'll be taking up bow hunting

[QUOTE=twoSevenO;2107076]Camo is kind of gay. Next thing you know you'll be taking up bow hunting with rainbow stickers all over your gear

Salty - you hit the nail right on the head! Camo needs to match the truck.... I work at Great North Precision in Kelowna here, and can help out with the Sitka Gear, but you'll have to go to an outfit like Sign Craft for the matching truck decal job

I like my camo.
    It's made to handle the rain or cold temps and dry quick etc.
    Way better than what was out there when I started as a kid.

Wearing wool gear etc, that is not camo is fine also, as folks hunted that way for years before camo gear came out.
    Only issue is my skin doesn't like wool etc so thankfully I have other options, but they just happen to be camo colored.

Scent is first, so watch the wind.
    Sound is second, so move slow and as quiet as possible.
    If in direct sight line of deer, "don't move a hair"!!!
    (might take 5 minutes or more of being completely still, but as long as points 1 and 2 are kept in check, the deer will settle down).
    That's about all you can do when it comes to stalking.

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth204 View Post
    Salty - you hit the nail right on the head! Camo needs to match the truck.... I work at Great North Precision in Kelowna here, and can help out with the Sitka Gear, but you'll have to go to an outfit like Sign Craft for the matching truck decal job
    Yup, but I asked a fellow in front of Cabela's one day about his brand new Ram all done in digital camo and the cost to do it.
    3,500.00$ plus!!! to do it.
    I have better things to do with my money than wasting it on that.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Camo is kind of gay. Next thing you know you'll be taking up bow hunting
    Especially those matching little short "bows", with rangefinder sights and release aids. Probably the same kind of guy that insists on always backing their trucks into parking spots.

I have several Camo jackets, pants and raingear but agree with everyone that it's not needed, Camo in White for Winter hunting to help break up the pattern and blend in.
    I like my camo as it keeps me dry and warm, I could have just used my hiking clothing for hunting but most of that is in various shades of blue and makes noise when I move.

I picked up a Ghillie suit for hunting this year, will see how this works out.

^^^^lol I'm always too afraid to wear mine, as I'm afraid someone will mistake me for a bear or a samsquanch...