Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: To camo or not to camo...That is the Question!!!

Re: To camo or not to camo...That is the Question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurp99 View Post
    I have several Camo jackets, pants and raingear but agree with everyone that it's not needed, Camo in White for Winter hunting to help break up the pattern and blend in.
    I like my camo as it keeps me dry and warm, I could have just used my hiking clothing for hunting but most of that is in various shades of blue and makes noise when I move.

I picked up a Ghillie suit for hunting this year, will see how this works out.

And then we wonder why some folks said they just saw a Sasquatch!!
    Becoming all crystal clear now!

That is why I purchased a blaze orange cap to wear with the suit, I think it'll look a bit silly but I think it will work, I've seen hunters in these suits and you have to look hard to identify them, the suit also comes with a rifle cover so you're well hidden! With the suit, I can basically sit anywhere, sometimes it's hard to find enough material to build a natural blind to hide behind but this should work nicely.

^^^^Fair Enough, orange hat is good idea.
    But those suites always remind me of this pic below (been on the site before somewhere, still makes me crack up every time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vini View Post
    I appreciate all of your comments. Keep them coming. One thing that I will definitely invest in is some sort of head cover mask. I have read a fair amount about this and there seems to be a consensus that the human face is like the light of a light house.

Thank you in advance
    Camo burka?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    I've been hunting in BC since the mid 60's & have never used camo & probably never will because I don't hunt bears &/or waterfowl. I always wore something red & have been fairly successful approaching & shooting deer & moose over the years.

The other important factor is that one can be easily seen by another hunter when wearing hunter orange or something red.

2 hunters mistakenly shot recently

1.)

31 year old bow hunter shot by a .50 caliber black powder rifle & killed in Colorado by an elk hunter last Friday.
    The bow hunter was wearing dark brown camouflage(allowed),not hunter orange.
    https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...olores-county/

2.)

A 74 year old Alaskan moose hunter shot Sept. 11- later died in hospital
    https://dailydispatch.dps.alaska.gov...ber=AK21106567
    Read that Alaska doesn’t require hunter orange.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I buy camo so it separates my hunting gear with hiking, fishing and camping gear. I just go to the closet and grab everything in camo and throw it in the camper closet and that way I know I have everything covered. Not too concerned about the overall camouflage patterns etc. Most of the time I end up getting blood on the same clothes I drove up in. LOL

driving around in the truck all day
    no need for camo

I have Sitka gear, it’s good and is long lasting, bought most of it from wholesale sports and it’s still like new so you pay more but it lasts.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Myself and my family kill alot of deer. Orange man orange.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer;[URL="tel:2283779"
    2283779[/URL]]Myself and my family kill alot of deer. Orange man orange.
    That’s because you walk with them… unfair advantage jj
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...