Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Some of my previous posts may have been disrespectful, I apologize for that...this issue gets me worked up.

Perhaps some of it is because I've been around long enough that I value my freedom from watching eyes when I'm out in the field ...in my opinion (and as it was before the Cam craze) its suppose to be between me, the wilderness, and the game I'm after. Trail Cams recording my movements (knowingly or unknowingly) is IMHO a large detractant from that.

Where is the line, will the government soon have cameras at all access points, bedding areas, water holes, and trails?

Also yes Trail Cams again (IMHO) do help one pattern wildlife and confirm populations, along with male/female ratios and quality and class of bucks and bulls. You may have not even known a certain trophy animal was in an area if not for the cam (that will also capture video and pics on nocturnal game with their night vision abilities)... Again, IMHO a sidestep from fair chase.

Anyways, this is just my opinion and feelings on this subject, and as before and although not a popular concept with some of the members here I would support a ban or at least some restrictions on Cam usage during hunting seasons.
    I think I would support a keyboard ban from you for all seasons. You're no friend to hunting.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    I think I would support a keyboard ban from you for all seasons. You're no friend to hunting.
    Along with River boat, truck, tree stand, rifle bow spear axe hatchet or pocket knife for the purpose of hunting.
    Thanks for nothing Hawk I

first the concern was conservation...

then it was privacy...

then it was lack of effort...

now it's fuel for anti's...

news flash...every single thinghunters do is fuel for anti's....do youthink they want to compromise and negotiate happy terms and let us continue with "ethical" hunting (ethical for some peoples definition apparently doesn't include cams)....the anti's want to stop all hunting, death by a thousand papercuts, and they are succeeding so far....pushing for bans or regulations based on perception from anti's is a dangerous path to venture down

is the next argument gonna be carbon footprintto drive out to the bush and check trail cams? there should be a trail camtax!!

BC simply does not have the hunter density, northe very specific concerns the dry and arid southwest does with trail cams, wedon't have their conservation concerns...anything after that is just personalopinion, not conservation concern, I would never support a ban based purely on a difference of personal opinions, kinda eye opening to see just how fragmented the hunting community actually is

Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

IBTL... been a good read
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

hawk, here's something to ponder.

I have never had a challenge finding quality game thru endless scouting and time in the field.
    I jumped on the trail cam band wagon at their inception.

My biggest take away to date from running over 20 cams at times..........the more you THINK you know, cams will humble you very quickly when you realize your assumptions and self perceived expertise is basically invalid.

I have always been pretty darn good at finding any species of game and then generally focus on the top candidates come hunting season.

Trail cams have made me a better hunter.
    Why?

It's because when you obsess over a monster you got one cam pic of you end up spending every available hr all season long after said monster.
    Your time in the field goes up dramatically.
    You learn more.
    You learn that the more you learn the less you know.
    You see far more game and don't blink at lesser animals.

Finding and killing game is relatively easy if you spend any amount of time in the field.
    Finding the odd giant on cam is one thing......killing them is another.
    When you hunt your ass off for several seasons looking for the one animal that you know is there and you finally closed.....the feeling is pretty special. When that 3 yr dance ends it is a unique feeling vs stumbling across a giant buck.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Wow, a lot of wasted breath on this discussion... couldn’t give two shiets if one uses a camera.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Here is your typical watering hole Nevada/Arizona set up. Have you ever even heard of something like this in BC?

This is just 7 cams on this side of the hole. Probably just as many on the other side.

And here's a shot of hawk-i's trophy room

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Clearly, this guy has never hunted blacktails in the rut. Lol
    Or Mule deer or Whitetail or Elk maybe Jazzy changed her name ........
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Its also illegal to set up your Trail cams in Canada's National Parks without a scientific study permit (with a fine of up to 25,000.00), they cite one of the reasons as other visitor privacy issues.
    Great to know , but also Canada's National Parks are a " No Hunting " zone that is unless you have one of those FN cards .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......