Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

The logic from some here is questionable.

If game cameras are categorized the same as scopes, binoculars, high powered rifles, crossbows etc. by some as "acceptable" why would you draw the "ethics" line there?

Why not legalize the use of drones, helicopters, dogs, or any other "tool" available?

Just where is the "ethical and fair chase", line to be drawn?

Human justification of certain behaviors always seems to come down to "if I do it then it's ethical and fair, and if I don't, then it's not."
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post

If game cameras are categorized the same as scopes, binoculars, high powered rifles, crossbows etc. by some as "acceptable" why would you draw the "ethics" line there?

Why not legalize the use of drones, helicopters, dogs, or any other "tool" available?

Human justification of certain behaviors always seems to come down to "if I do it then it's ethical and fair, and if I don't, then it's not."

This is the question, and why discussions such as this are necessary.

Shouting "squirrel", don't talk about this, not important enough, is a ploy to distract from the process that is the foundational to the creation of our current rules.

Despite this not being a "big" issue, there is both the time and the need to talk as a community to determine where the line should be.
    As technology introduces new tools, we Must debate and decide how and if we will accept them as fair, ethical and legal.

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post

And on the other hand why not ban trucks? I mean look at how many KMs one can cover in a truck!! Isnt it unfair I can just drive around for hours and hours covering thousands of acres of hunting land??

Ya .... let's ban trucks as well as trail cams.

Lots of places have restrictions on road hunting maybe BC should follow suit. Considering all the talk of road density issues in the past and clearly to many road hunting can’t be ethical. I would say with confidence the overall number of animals taken with the use of cams is way lower than the number of animals taken by road hunting

Really it not like it really hunting

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    And on the other hand why not ban trucks? I mean look at how many KMs one can cover in a truck!! Isnt it unfair I can just drive around for hours and hours covering thousands of acres of hunting land??

Ya .... let's ban trucks as well as trail cams.
    Seems to me there should be room within the hunting community for discussions about things such as fair chase and how much technology we are willing to accept as hunters. There are certainly going to be different viewpoints on the topic. You may embrace everything technology can bring while I worry the more tech we put in hunting the harder it is to defend hunting to those who don't hunt, however that's just me and my views, but having reasonable discussion is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Lots of places have restrictions on road hunting maybe BC should follow suit. Considering all the talk of road density issues in the past and clearly to many road hunting can’t be ethical. I would say with confidence the overall number of animals taken with the use of cams is way lower than the number of animals taken by road hunting

Really it not like it really hunting
    We already have road hunting restrictions in BC? All kinds of road closures everywhere. All of 3-28 is now off limits to ORV for hunting, can only use highway legal vehicles on FSRs so no bushwacking etc and they have been digging up most new spur roads so they aren't passable with full size vehicles. Region 5 has certain hours of the day where you can't use ORVs. Skull mountain area has only 2 roads that are open to vehicles and again no ORVs.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    We already have road hunting restrictions in BC? All kinds of road closures everywhere. All of 3-28 is now off limits to ORV for hunting, can only use highway legal vehicles on FSRs so no bushwacking etc and they have been digging up most new spur roads so they aren't passable with full size vehicles. Region 5 has certain hours of the day where you can't use ORVs. Skull mountain area has only 2 roads that are open to vehicles and again no ORVs.
    No no I mean out and out ban or minimum distance away from vehicles of all roads like some other parts of North America.

Since some want to go the whole ethnics of fair chase and all
    Last edited by Wild one; 07-29-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Wow, this thread is like a train wreck. I couldn't look away. Next thing you know I'm 10 pages in and I have whiplash from shaking my head so much. Our society is doomed, not just our hunting community. The "my way is the only way" attitude has basically rendered democracy worthless. 100 votes casts, 100 different write ins nominating themselves as supreme leader of "the rules".
    Hats off to those of you who realize there is more than one way to do something... I like trail cameras. I'm sad when their stolen. I realize that's a risk, but I think it's wrong for people to take them. I'm sure there are pictures of me out there due to cameras I was unaware of. Hopefully I wasnt doing anything embarassing. No, BC should not follow Nevada in this case. BC should not immediately implement any rule just because some other jurisdiction is.

I don't think I've written and deleted so much content as I did to keep this as reasonable as possible... Good luck out there (Especially the sheep guys who are starting in 3 days)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajsawden View Post
    I don't think I've written and deleted so much content as I did to keep this as reasonable as possible... Good luck out there (Especially the sheep guys who are starting in 3 days)!!!
    Here too, I have written then deleted and not posted way more than I have eventually posted lately. Even on this thread. Not worth it.

Can't have a discussion/debate without the "with us or against us" crap coming out.

A LOT of Ridiculous posted here ! RJ