Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    ♤♤♤
    There are probably thousands of pictures and video of you that have been captured without your consent. Every convenience store, gas station, most intersections....they all have cameras. No one complains about that on here.
    Well I think you're kind of proving my point. Just because it happens doesn't make right. What level of surveillance is acceptable in the bush. Trail cams. CO cams First Nations cams. Why should we be happy subjecting ourselves to constant surveillance? By the way I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat and all of this is probably a topic for a thread of its own. There are lots of people that have pictures and images posted
    Without their knowledge or consent.

Thread reboot....

Trail cams, are they a fair chase compromise.
    Lets get back to complaining about how others hunt or what they use, how they use, when they use it.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Only natives should be allowed to use trail cams to keep track of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone C. Killer View Post
    Only natives should be allowed to use trail cams to keep track of us.
    Be very careful what you wish for ...............
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Don't need no stupid camera. Too many gadgets to fiddle with already. I don't like having my picture took either.
    I have never seen one in the bush. Don't really care what other people use. If it makes your hunt more enjoyable for you, then go ahead, use one.

You really have to be diligent and put in a lot of miles scouting to take advantage of a trail cam, such that it increases your success rate.
    In the grand scheme of things I don't think it has an impact on wildlife management and conservation in BC.

I may pick up a cheap one for camp security though... Like Mike pointed out above. Keep an eye on our trucks and trailers while we are spike camped 20 Km up the trail. Won't prevent the break in, but will help find the criminal that tampers with your stuff. I may put one in the kitchen to - see who is raiding m fridge after midnight.

Actually its both and more!!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Previously your concern was "electronic surveillance" of animals and now it's privacy? Let's just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks!

Binoculars and spotting scopes, especially digital ones or ones you can mount a cam to have way more potential for creeping on privacy.

So why not ban binoculars instead of trailcams? In both justifications, binos come out as a more effective tool for carrying out things you are concerned about (animal harvests and creepin) so I'm curious why you don't want to ban them?

♤♤♤♤
    Give hunters that spend little if any time scouting 10 trail cams each, throw in some of the best binos and, and while we r at, give them a 700 yrd rifle topped with compensation optics. Give elch jager zero of the above and he will crush it every season where these others will fail despite having state of the art gear.

Good comment/perspective elch.

Better and high end equipment are icing on the cake if you are a hardcore outdoorsman that invests in his passion and puts boots on the ground yr round. But if u ain't got any cake all the icing in the world doesn't help much

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    So if you're walking down a trail and some coming towards you whips out his phone and starts shooting video or still pics as you go by you'd be fine with that. Me not so much. An image today is not what they used to be. They can be posted up anywhere for whoever to look at it or use it. It's a shame that we've come to accept this as normal. Anyhow as I said they are legal so have at it. I hunt in general terms within 50 km of Campbell River.
    You may not be fine with it but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do. Out in public, you have ZERO expectation of privacy and if you do anything about it, such as assault the person or smash their phone or camera, you will be charged for it. Simple as that.

You may it like it, but the law is the law. I can photograph you anywhere I want in public.

You only have a reasonable expectation of privacy in change rooms, washrooms and things like that.

Taking a dump in the woods? I absolutely can, legally, come up and video you pinching one off

Likewise, I think you are also within your rights to rip cameras off the trees as you find them. You cant take them, because that's stealing, but nothing prevents you from a) leaving them pointed at the ground and b) turning them into a police station like you would a wallet found in the woods.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 07-28-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    You may not be fine with it but there is absolutely NOTHING you can do. Out in public, you have ZERO expectation of privacy and if you do anything about it, such as assault the person or smash their phone or camera, you will be charged for it. Simple as that.

You may it like it, but the law is the law. I can photograph you anywhere I want in public.

You only have a reasonable expectation of privacy in change rooms, washrooms and things like that.

Taking a dump in the woods? I absolutely can, legally, come up and video you pinching one off

Likewise, I think you are also within your rights to rip cameras off the trees as you find them. You cant take them, because that's stealing, but nothing prevents you from a) leaving them pointed at the ground and b) turning them into a police station like you would a wallet found in the woods.
    Yeppers....AND that's exactly PART of the reason their use should be banded!!!

Nevada is only the latest. Montana, Idaho and Arizona already had bans.
    You are looking at the future of fair chase.