Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

I do wish to call out that is just a little ironic that most that do all the finger pointing and have such a condescending point of view HAVE ZERO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE on the issue they condemn, just a holier than though/I know best attitude.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

I think hawk is the new Jazzy on HBC you go girl
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

At least Jazzy had a bit of smarts

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    IMHO and that's all it is, it's not that the anti's care but it's how they may or will use hunting methods to drive a wedge between hunters and the general public who support hunting or are sitting on the fence. It may not be trail cams but eventually more and more tech is going to raise the fair chase question. I think it's a mistake to think it won't and that it won't be used against us.
    BC did respond to new technology that was deemed not fair chase -drones were outlawed quickly. Trail cams have been around for years now, but there has been no action taken on them as they really don't create a conservation concern.

I find antis tend to focus more on weapons rather than cameras. Hunters using "high powered sniper rifles and killing wildlife a mile away" or "Bow hunters that use cruel arrows that cause the animal to suffer for a long time while it slowly bleeds to death"

The average fence sitter seems to be more focused on the type of animal hunted. Killing a moose for food is okay, killing a bear (or giraffe) for a trophy is evil.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah but as we all know all bucks have a home range and seldom venture far from it for any length of time....something will stick alright!
    Not really. Mule deer often migrate quite a bit.

You seem to be basing your opinion on the concept that a trail cam can pinpoint a bucks location and time, which further demonstrates that your opinion is based on ignorance of what actually transpires.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 08-01-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

IMO, a trail camera is about as unfair as driving your pickup to your hunting spot.

I've used trail cams for about 6 years now and while I've gotten some cool pictures, my cameras have saved more deer lives than not, as I hold out more for specific animals.

I could care less...wtf..but why do you care at all?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

If you guys actually read the rationale for banning trail cams in the various jurisdictions you would find that there are real issues, like concentrated activity at scarce water holes in Arizona, or the marketing of game cam data.
    The initiative for restricting trail camera use comes from the citizen advisory councils to the various Game Departments. The hunting lobby groups have some real concerns.

Its also illegal to set up your Trail cams in Canada's National Parks without a scientific study permit (with a fine of up to 25,000.00), they cite one of the reasons as other visitor privacy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Not really. Mule deer often migrate quite a bit.

You seem to be basing your opinion on the concept that a trail cam can pinpoint a bucks location and time, which further demonstrates that your opinion is based on ignorance of what actually transpires.
    Some of my previous posts may have been disrespectful, I apologize for that...this issue gets me worked up.

Perhaps some of it is because I've been around long enough that I value my freedom from watching eyes when I'm out in the field ...in my opinion (and as it was before the Cam craze) its suppose to be between me, the wilderness, and the game I'm after. Trail Cams recording my movements (knowingly or unknowingly) is IMHO a large detractant from that.

Where is the line, will the government soon have cameras at all access points, bedding areas, water holes, and trails?

Also yes Trail Cams again (IMHO) do help one pattern wildlife and confirm populations, along with male/female ratios and quality and class of bucks and bulls. You may have not even known a certain trophy animal was in an area if not for the cam (that will also capture video and pics on nocturnal game with their night vision abilities)... Again, IMHO a sidestep from fair chase.

Anyways, this is just my opinion and feelings on this subject, and as before and although not a popular concept with some of the members here I would support a ban or at least some restrictions on Cam usage during hunting seasons.
    Last edited by hawk-i; 08-02-2019 at 07:51 AM.