Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

I think it makes sense in arid states where game is concentrated on water holes because of concentration of hunters and the disruption. In N
    BC I think we should ban cameras that send pictures and scopes that are automatically adjusted by range finder.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    I remember reading about Internet hunting a while back using remotely controlled firearms in the US. There was even a website called LIVESHOT. What a joke!
    Definitely FAIR CHASE!
    it's already illegal to do something like that in BC. So really no point in bringing it into the discussion.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Nope. There are other regulations that look after the conservation aspect such a limited season lengths, bag limits and LEH when needed.

The trail camera itself is rather innocuous to the health of wildlife, but their associated use with baiting is a concern that needs to be minded.

I do value many of our laws that address ethics and fair chase. Hunting must maintain a major opinion of propriety.
    IMO, I would welcome a ban on cellular cameras during any open big game season.

I recall a thread here in years past, though unsure if it was truth or tale it doesn't really matter as the story was well within the parameters of reality.
    The member shared a diary of his moose hunt. Sitting on the couch at home waiting for his phone notification that the target bull was at the waterhole.
    Camera notifies him that the bull is there. Put down the cheerios, take a short drive and a kill the moose.
    This potential just doesn't sit well with me.
    Don't recall that thread. Sounds more like something someone made up.

There are dozens of technological advances made that hunters employ. There is another thread on camo clothing and people say it doesn't matter, but camo is a technological advance. Special bow seasons were brought in when hunters were using recurves and rudimentary compounds, not the 100 yard killers that are available now. Trucks and ATVs allow better backcountry access than ever before. I bet only a small percentage of hunters actually kill an animal they see on a trail cam- trail cameras are really a drop in the bucket.

But in the end, someone spending all season chasing an animal they caught on cam and killing it really doesn't equal any conservation concern. As Ourea basically says- hunters need to stop worrying about how the other hunter is hunting and worry about the big picture stuff.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Ourea and Gate have nailed it while the usual suspects continue to focus on trivial things that are no issue whatsoever to wildlife or conservation.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    but I value my privacy especially in the bush. F###ng cameras everywhere these days.
    You have no expectation of privacy on public land, out in the open. None whatsoever. I can walk up to you on the street and film you any time I want, as long as it didnt amount to constant surveillance which becomes stalking.

Besides, where are you hunting that running into cams is a privacy concern? most people rarely come across a cam in the BC woods.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    So where do you draw the line at fair chase? Range finders, scopes that can make most guys shoots out to 500m easily and trained guys out to 1km, bipods, lighted nocks, electric bikes, mechanical broadheads?

The list go on and on. A traditional bow hunter thinks the modern compound bow is not fairchase bowhunting?

I used to know a guy that did not have a 4x4 and he said it was unfair they "could go anywhere". Once again, where do you draw the line.

BHB
    I can only speak for me personally, but no trail cams and no baiting ungulates. This would be a good enough for me.

Sure are a lot of ignorant hunters in BC. We don’t need more BS rules.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    You have no expectation of privacy on public land, out in the open. None whatsoever. I can walk up to you on the street and film you any time I want, as long as it didnt amount to constant surveillance which becomes stalking.

Besides, where are you hunting that running into cams is a privacy concern? most people rarely come across a cam in the BC woods.
    So if you're walking down a trail and some coming towards you whips out his phone and starts shooting video or still pics as you go by you'd be fine with that. Me not so much. An image today is not what they used to be. They can be posted up anywhere for whoever to look at it or use it. It's a shame that we've come to accept this as normal. Anyhow as I said they are legal so have at it. I hunt in general terms within 50 km of Campbell River.

♤♤♤
    There are probably thousands of pictures and video of you that have been captured without your consent. Every convenience store, gas station, most intersections....they all have cameras. No one complains about that on here.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    ♤♤♤
    There are probably thousands of pictures and video of you that have been captured without your consent. Every convenience store, gas station, most intersections....they all have cameras. No one complains about that on here.
    Careful your going to cause some people to add another layer of tinfoil to their hats