Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Imagine if real conservation topics generated as much discussion as ones that have absolutely zero effect on wildlife.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Imagine if real conservation topics generated as much discussion as ones that have absolutely zero effect on wildlife.
    They dont because most dont care about wildlife or conservation, they are more worried about losing a chance or method used to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    hawk-i, you are as bad or worse than an anti with your snide remarks and sniping from the sidelines cutting down parts of the hunting community that in your elite and superior position disagree with. Meanwhile you rip up a river with your river boat and say "its just a vehicle"......would you blast thru FN gill nets on ur moral and justified hunt while shouting "ban trail cams as they cast a negative shadow on hunters". The river you tear habitat apart is not fuel for antis when buttoned on to "hunters" causing environmental damage in addition to killing animals?

But you, you claim trail cams result in an increased harvest. Give me stats, data, facts.

Last time I checked folks only have a single tag per species other than whitetail.
    Last time I checked folks, our fellow hunters, well, they just want to be successful and do it in a lawful manner.
    Last time I checked wildlife regulations are put in place to maximize opportunity without compromising populations.
    Last time I checked wildlife is being killed by unregulated and unaccountable practices yr round.
    Last time I checked endangered salmon runs are being gill netted.
    Last time I checked logging and resource extraction has well exceeded the threshold of being a negative impact on wildlife.

Last time I checked idiots sounds off on the crisis of trail cams usage.
    Well buddy this thread is about trail cams being banned, a practice I fully agree with...fuel for the anti-hunters being only one.

Your reasoning that you need stats to show a harvest increase with the use of cams is beyond absurd, bloody ridiculous....FFS yep people use them because it decreases success, fricken laughable!!!

Also buddy I'm fully against FN nets in the water when a salmon closures for sport fishing is in place and would vote in favour of a ban on that practice as well...LOL, I suppose you would believe that makes me an idiot as well!

You think for one moment I care whether you want to call me an idiot because I happen to support something you don't,or you think it supports your argument, or it will change my mind.

LOL...how's that saying go? Oh yeah...."You might mean something to your mother but you mean ____ all to me!"

Anyways, enjoy your day and have a good upcoming long weekend...it'll give you a few days to get out and place those cams!

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Well buddy this thread is about trail cams being banned, a practice I fully agree with...fuel for the anti-hunters being only one.

Your reasoning that you need stats to show a harvest increase with the use of cams is beyond absurd, bloody ridiculous....FFS yep people use them because it decreases success, fricken laughable!!!

Also buddy I'm fully against FN nets in the water when a salmon closures for sport fishing is in place and would vote in favour of a ban on that practice as well...LOL, I suppose you would believe that makes me an idiot as well!

You think for one moment I care whether you want to call me an idiot because I happen to support something you don't,or you think it supports your argument, or it will change my mind.

LOL...how's that saying go? Oh yeah...."You might mean something to your mother but you mean ____ all to me!"

Anyways, enjoy your day and have a good upcoming long weekend...it'll give you a few days to get out and place those cams!
    Why would anyone want quantified data, numbers and science, be requested to support a position of their view?
    That's crazy says the person that disagrees.
    I don't want facts to get in the way of my personal position is their argument.

I will be in the bush.
    I will be checking cams.
    I will share those pics and videos.
    I will continue sharing on my whitetail thread how to help others find success in support of our hunting community.

I will not say we need to ban river boats that YOU hunt with
    I will not undermine our hunting community......"bud"

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Why would anyone want quantified data, numbers and science, be requested to support a position of their view?
    That's crazy says the person that disagrees.
    I don't want facts to get in the way of my personal position is their argument.

I will be in the bush.
    I will be checking cams.
    I will share those pics and videos.
    I will continue sharing on my whitetail thread how to help others find success in support of our hunting community.

I will not say we need to ban river boats that YOU hunt with
    I will not undermine our hunting community......"bud"
    LOL, Undermining or savior, time will be the Judge of that!

As far as trail cams increasing success, I’d have to agree with Ourea that it’s likely the opposite. I’ve been on a WT buck for the last 4 years and passed on several shooters most would shake their head at it in pursuit of my target. I’ll continue to do so until I’ve fufilled my goal. Same story with elk. Much easier to pass on quality animals when you have an inventory and a known hammer has been identified. Could have filled both whitetail and elk tags several times over the past few seasons and likely would have if special animals hadn’t been found.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    LOL, Undermining or savior, time will be the Judge of that!
    Lets ban river boats
    Lets ban quads
    Lets ban this
    Lets ban that

Lets ignore why wildlife is collapsing...."savior"

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    As far as trail cams increasing success, I’d have to agree with Ourea that it’s likely the opposite. I’ve been on a WT buck for the last 4 years and passed on several shooters most would shake their head at it in pursuit of my target. I’ll continue to do so until I’ve fufilled my goal. Same story with elk. Much easier to pass on quality animals when you have an inventory and a known hammer has been identified. Could have filled both whitetail and elk tags several times over the past few seasons and likely would have if special animals hadn’t been found.
    You need to rethink your reasoning....it is increasing your odds of collecting the specific animal you seek...you just stated you passed on lessor animals for 4 years. Possible chance you might not even know a animal of that quality is there if not for the cam.
    If you found sheds of that animal or spotted it on occasion in the area then I retract my comment...you are then a true outdoorsman in tune with what you seek!
    I wish you success in your quest and hope you can achieve that success on your own merit and without the help of electronic surveillance.
    Cheers
    Last edited by hawk-i; 07-31-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like to hunt ! That involves scouting areas I think look good ie terrain,vegetation,pinch points ,track traps,rubs etc. I use my eyes ears and nose .Do I use trail cams no .Do I own some, yes. Don't care what other people have to use to be successful.Call me old school but I take pride in my observation skills . After all it is hunting not Killing .I have had tag soup many years don't care .Some of the most memorable hunts I have had I came home empty handed, but I have the experience's to look back on.Will I use trail cams ? Maybe some day ,don't think I need them though ,I do just fine with out them and take pride in it.Man I love the bush !
    Perfectly stated. Nothing like utilizing the fundamentals of hunting. I’m not against trail cams either but I do have to agree that the experience and reward is greater for me putting in the long hours of blood, sweat and tears and continuously learning and coming back each year, successful or not.

For some reason I feel the term hunting is being lost in some ways. It reminds me of hunters that say they are tired because they hunted hard all day/weekend and they mostly drove up and down the logging roads all day. Lol.

Lets ban river boats
    Lets ban quads
    Lets ban this
    Lets ban that

Lets ignore why wildlife is collapsing...."savior"
    We use to have a saying when we lined up on the starting line..."the bullshyt stops when the flag drops".

Time will judge but unfortunately for you more and more jurisdiction are starting to favour a cam ban.