Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

LOL

Trail cams....BAD

Old fashion leg work....GOOD

Hawk-I, suggestion for you....
    If you disagree with any outdoor item be it long range guns, range finders, gyroscopic 60x binoculars, quads, mnt bikes, e bikes, hunting on sundays, fly in hunts seeing as you are such a walker......
    THEN SIMPLY DON'T USE THEM AND SHUT IT ......and maybe support our sport rather than being a little smart ass who's comments are consistently asinine.

Thread is on trail cams being considered a fair chase compromise that effects conservation.

And congratulations that you hike, wow, you are one of the very few elite that does I guess.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Hiking? Who needs hiking? Everyone knows you just have to spend $75 on a trailcam and drive it into a cut block, lean out the window and hang it (you don't even have to step foot out your AC vehicle, just roll the window half way down and hang it, then roll it back up quick so you aren't exposed to the elements or skeeters/ticks) ... then come bow season, you come back in with your high capacity semi automatic compound bow.. thwap thwap thwap.... an elk, a moose, 5 grouse, some snow shoe hare, couple bears, goat, sheep, a turkey and a mountain lion. Trailcams do all that and more. Mine even get off the tree, hike around the mountain, come back and tie themselves back on on the tree where I left them. It's like some insane AI.

Some guys think it's just a motion sensor camera on a tree with a range of 15-20 ft or so, but guys like me an hawk-i know the real deal. Sometimes I just drive up to my cams and they have trophy BT bucks all skinned out, quartered and tied up in game bags.

Anyone who thinks you have to actually hike around, find a game trail and place cameras strategically where animals will be just doesn't fully understand the true AI technology. They are like russian bots, even smarter. Cameras figure out their own way up the mountain and know where to place themselves. One time my camera even stole some dudes bank code.

This is THE biggest conservation concern since they made Cabelas Big Game Hunting for Sony Playstation. It allowed hunters to acquire skills and shoot deer without even getting of their couch.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 07-29-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Hiking? Who needs hiking? Everyone knows you just have to spend $75 on a trailcam and drive it into a cut block, lean out the window and hang it (you don't even have to step foot out your AC vehicle, just roll the window half way down and hang it, then roll it back up quick so you aren't exposed to the elements or skeeters/ticks) ... then come bow season, you come back in with your high capacity semi automatic compound bow.. thwap thwap thwap.... an elk, a moose, 5 grouse, some snow shoe hare, couple bears, goat, sheep, a turkey and a mountain lion. Trailcams do all that and more. Mine even get off the tree, hike around the mountain, come back and tie themselves back on on the tree where I left them. It's like some insane AI.

Some guys think it's just a motion sensor camera on a tree with a range of 15-20 ft or so, but guys like me an hawk-i know the real deal. Sometimes I just drive up to my cams and they have trophy BT bucks all skinned out, quartered and tied up in game bags.

Anyone who thinks you have to actually hike around, find a game trail and place cameras strategically where animals will be just doesn't fully understand the true AI technology. They are like russian bots, even smarter. Cameras figure out their own way up the mountain and know where to place themselves. One time my camera even stole some dudes bank code.
    Best post ever!

When I see a trend developing, I think we should pay attention. With Idaho, Montana, Arizona and Nevada implementing laws against remote data trail cams or banning them outright in hunting season, there is some movement in public perception.
    Seems to be a lot of denial that there is any potential for ethical issues with trail camera usage on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    Seems to be a lot of denial that there is any potential for ethical issues with trail camera usage on this site.
    There might be potential for ethical issues with lots of things, with some individuals. That doesn’t mean we need to ban all of the objects from everyone else.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Hawk-I, suggestion for you....
    If you disagree with any outdoor item be it long range guns, range finders, gyroscopic 60x binoculars, quads, mnt bikes, e bikes, hunting on sundays, fly in hunts seeing as you are such a walker......
    THEN SIMPLY DON'T USE THEM AND SHUT IT ......and maybe support our sport rather than being a little smart ass who's comments are consistently asinine.

Thread is on trail cams being considered a fair chase compromise that effects conservation.

And congratulations that you hike, wow, you are one of the very few elite that does I guess.
    I do own a trail cam and have chosen not to use it. I will also to vote for a trail cam ban if given the opportunity.

^^hawky clearly doesn’t get it.

I change the channel when I don’t like what I see instead of complaining about it.

moving on........roll eyes.....

Last edited by rageous; 07-30-2019 at 06:26 AM.

While everyone argues over the "ethics and morals" of trail cam use, your government is busy as a beaver propping up FN issues at the expense of resident hunting and angling opportunity.

FAIR CHASE - has ethics and morals all over it. Do not use the ethics and morals argument and the "to each his own" mentality to determine what can or can't be legal. We're already well into the ditch of ethics and morals when it comes right down to it.

Use of remote data trail cams are not fair chase for Boone and Crockett, btw.