Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Yeppers....AND that's exactly PART of the reason their use should be banded!!!
    You guys are hilarious.

You're more likely to get photographed taking a dump at that shady restaurant's bathroom than you are in the woods on someone's cam. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    You guys are hilarious.

You're more likely to get photographed taking a dump at that shady restaurant's bathroom than you are in the woods on someone's cam. Lol
    Maybe one day you will get it.....hopefully you will anyways! If you want to know what animals are using an area do some leg work and shed hunt in the off season. Oh yeah BUT that might take some effort,time, and skill on your part!

Anyways just my opinion...the easier way is just put out 20 or 30 trail cams...the more money you spend the better your chance of connecting right?? and that's all that really matters isn't it?

Maybe one day you will get it.....hopefully you will anyways! If you want to know what animals are using an area do some leg work and shed hunt in the off season. Oh yeah BUT that might take some effort,time, and skill on your part!

Anyways just my opinion...the easier way is just put out 20 or 30 trail cams...the more money you spend the better your chance of connecting right?? and that's all that really matters isn't it?
    Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? It's attitudes like yours that are killing the outdoor community. I don't like the way you hunt/scout/shoot/hike therefore no one should be able to do it.

Your shed hunting comment is laughable. Hiking deep into the back country to place a cam isn't considered doing leg work to you?
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? It's attitudes like yours that are killing the outdoor community. I don't like the way you hunt/scout/shoot/hike therefore no one should be able to do it.

Your shed hunting comment is laughable. Hiking deep into the back country to place a cam isn't considered doing leg work to you?
    No my friend its doing leg work by proxy! Its like spending weeks and months of leg work by making a single sad trip to place the cam, oh the anguish of it all! LOL Enjoy your day!

You obviously have zero idea what you're talking about. People here who run cams are usually pretty serious about it, more so than your average hunter. They arent lazy. Far from it.

Your comment shows that you obviously dont understand how most people put out trail cams, the effort required and the amount of time and leg work it involves.

This isnt putting a cam at the end of a cut block you drove into, then sit and drink beer at home and show up on oct 1 and shoot that 3 point that showed up once on it.

You are so uninformed it is laughable.

My suggestion .... reach out to Ourea, Highcounteybc, sitkaspruce or someone else who has been doing this for a long time and nicely ask for an opportunity to speak with them on the phone, so that you may have it explained to you by some of the cam experts.... and maybe then you will understand how much MORE work trail cammers do over your average hunter.

No my friend its doing leg work by proxy! Its like spending weeks and months of leg work by making a single sad trip to place the cam, oh the anguish of it all! LOL Enjoy your day!
    *facepalm*

Are you confusing trail cams for drones?
    Do you not realize that cams have to be hiked in there .... ON FOOT?
    Or that there is no guarantee they will capture anything?
    Or that it wont automatically capture the best bucks of the area and have them wait for you?

By your shed hunting comment above I'm going to assume you aren't very experienced? ... since a lot of us hunt animals far from where they actually end up wintering and dropping their antlers.

What is your hunting experience and hunting background like?

Mu trail cam placement adventures are so much work that i can call it a training prep for hunting season.
    I think we logged 26 km all on foot in 2 dsys.
    Last edited by wos; 07-28-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Let's clarify one thing , this thread started by this question "Should we be looking at similar conservation initiatives here in BC".

DO you or anyone else really think that hunter will do more trips to pattern animal movements(as someone well said) in the area if he puts the trail cam or without one.
    You bet it will be 3 -10 X more trips without cam, when is hot, when is rainy, mornings, evenings etc..
    So what is better for animals even in Nevada springs to be disturbed 5 times more or less.
    As conservation initiative I do not see any help from Nevada law bu the opposite.

Speaking about another issue mentioned in that ban as a main reason commercialization of animal data, why not put ban on sale of data, that can be easily traced and enforced?
    This law is so stupid (and of course those that brought this law), as it does not do a thing to help the wild life.

Now back to your post. so you think by doing multiple trips to the area (or leg works as you like so say) is more fair than 2-3 trips to put visit and take off your cam.
    I would agree with more than few others that explained very well the purpose of trail cam.

If you want fair chase let's stop using crossbows and firearms but hunt only with sharpened wooden stick.

After reading a few posts that are ridiculously self focused .....
    The hunting community is a circular firing squad.
    We are full of egos and idiots

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

So, hawk-i....what about the folks that spend 2x, 3x 10x more time in the field than you and use trail cams. Are they lazy? What about guys that spend more time cutting trail than you do scouting and shedding that use trail cams. What about guys that have spent years cutting and grub hoeing 20 km into absolute shithole areas and hung some cams that help further quantify the animals in that area that the average guy could never physically make it into with a camp on their back. What about guys that spent endless days in shit weather grinding it out hoping to see that monster they got on cam. What about the guy that spent 8 hrs with a deboned buck on his back that used a trail cam to help find.

I find ur position to be very narrow minded to be honest. Some of the bulls we've packed out from said shitholes are extremely difficult country that require multiple trips and a few days to fully extract.

I'm happy you shed.
    I'm happy you scout.

But do not underestimate the level that some undertake to find success. If they employ the use of trail cams in that process please keep in mind that they are nothing more than an asset and are not the singular factor in success. Trail cams are far from just a lazy mans tool

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea