Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by Moose63 View Post
    Just a matter of time before this happens in BC.
    Not happening in BC, in my opinion. Not to the extent of that example at least. There really isn't much for guided deer hunts here, when compared to the USA. Everything else that is guided is generally out of cell range or too far of a drive/hike to make any use of a cell camera.

Again, apples and oranges. Different hunting methods, different cell signal coverage, different everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose63 View Post
    Just a matter of time before this happens in BC.
    Sounds like we should make it double illegal then. That'll stop the criminals calling themselves "guides" from stealing resources from residents.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    .......I value my privacy especially in the bush. F###ng cameras everywhere these days.
    ^^^^^^^^this

[QUOTEOriginally Posted by*Keta1969*

.......I value my privacy especially in the bush. F###ng cameras everywhere these days.

^^^^^^^^this[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I have never found someone else's camera. I spent a lot of time in the Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    [QUOTEOriginally Posted by*Keta1969*

^^^^^^^^this
    Seriously? I have never found someone else's camera. I spent a lot of time in the Bush.[/QUOTE]

X2, have never seen one in all of my travels.

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    [/B][/U]

Yes!
    No trail cameras during hunting season & say a month before opening. Always been a firm believer in FAIR CHASE.
    Contradict yourself much?

Hunters need to focus on real issues surrounding wildlife. Trail cameras certainly aren't one of them.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like to hunt ! That involves scouting areas I think look good ie terrain,vegetation,pinch points ,track traps,rubs etc. I use my eyes ears and nose .Do I use trail cams no .Do I own some, yes. Don't care what other people have to use to be successful.Call me old school but I take pride in my observation skills . After all it is hunting not Killing .I have had tag soup many years don't care .Some of the most memorable hunts I have had I came home empty handed, but I have the experience's to look back on.Will I use trail cams ? Maybe some day ,don't think I need them though ,I do just fine with out them and take pride in it.Man I love the bush !
    Last edited by GEF; 07-26-2019 at 08:43 AM.

^^^^^^^^Well said^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Seriously? I have never found someone else's camera. I spent a lot of time in the Bush.
    X2, have never seen one in all of my travels.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean they haven't found you. I've found them twice without looking for them and expect as more start using them will see more. Brush cleared for sight lines is a dead give away.

Quote Originally Posted by GEF View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you guys but I like to hunt ! That involves scouting areas I think look good ie terrain,vegetation,pinch points ,track traps,rubs etc. I use my eyes ears and nose .Do I use trail cams no .Do I own some, yes. Don't care what other people have to use to be successful.Call me old school but I take pride in my observation skills . After all it is hunting not Killing .I have had tag soup many years don't care .Some of the most memorable hunts I have had I came home empty handed, but I have the experience's to look back on.Will I use trail cams ? Maybe some day ,don't think I need them though ,I do just fine with out them and take pride in it.Man I love the bush !
    I think trailcams are really a separate hobby for the most part. Hunters enjoy observing wildlife. Trailcams film wildlife.

I figure since I am out in these spots hunting anyway, putting up trailcams that will film some wildlife activity that will bring much viewing enjoyment to me later us a bonus. That's the way I see it anyway. Two separate hobbies that conveniently overlap in the same spot.

I seriously feel like a little kid on Christmas morning when I go pull an SD card that has a few hours worth of video on it. Brings me a lot of excitement, anticipation and entertainment. It's never helped me harvest an animal, even after several years running half a dozen cams. It's just fun and that is all there is to it