Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Yeah, and as suggested, you do it because there is no advantage to your efforts right?
    I do it because I like watching wildlife in my area. Heck I hung a camera on our spring bear carcass just to see the action. Turkey vultures, pine martin, bobcat, bears. None of that helps me achieve anything other than some excitement / enjoyment.

This is hilarious and I support trail cam hunting in this scenario....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3M83-Z1i14

Lets get real....they (trail cams) confirm where and where not to hunt and when and when not to hunt!

If one sets a cam on a trail and sees nothing worth while...OH, yeppers I'll spend time watching that trail on opener....really?

or on another cam ones sees a nice buck showing up weekly at 2 PM every 3 day or so...oh yeah no use spending time there?

There is a pattern here alright!
    Yeah, let's get real.

Your supposition is ignorant. It's that simple.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Those that think trail cameras= kill more animals/make hunting easier/guarantee a dead animal- are clearly quite ignorant. It would be easy to say that use of a jet boat/atv/accurate rifle/compund bow =kill more animals/make hunting easier/guarantee a dead animal.

And although I have a few trail cams, I haven't set one up to find game for a number of years.

And Anti's? They don't give a f@ck if you use a trail cam. They care that you exist, and have different opinion than they do. Hmmm, maybe a pattern here?
    IMHO and that's all it is, it's not that the anti's care but it's how they may or will use hunting methods to drive a wedge between hunters and the general public who support hunting or are sitting on the fence. It may not be trail cams but eventually more and more tech is going to raise the fair chase question. I think it's a mistake to think it won't and that it won't be used against us.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Whoa wait. Some bucks you can predict will show up every X days at around X time or day? And this happens so often that hunters predicting times is more common than not there's a net gain in harvest ratio causing conservation concern? Wow. Where are these bucks? I've logged several thousands hours of deer but still no pattern like that. What the heck is wrong with my deers? I'm glad somewhere here knows everything. Maybe you will tell me the secret? Weather times moon divided by wind offset by X day and Y hour, multiplied by the square root of temperature minus humidity??

Keep throwing crap at the wall, maybe something will stick
    Yeah yeah yeah but as we all know all bucks have a home range and seldom venture far from it for any length of time....something will stick alright!

Yeah yeah yeah but as we all know all bucks have a home range and seldom venture far from it for any length of time....something will stick alright!
    Clearly, this guy has never hunted blacktails in the rut. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Yeah, let's get real.

Your supposition is ignorant. It's that simple.
    Well you're the MAN on this forum so I concede my position! You win!

hawk-i please go with your drugs , dont fight them .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Don't use them - In British Columbia don't think trail cams have any real conservation issues or give a trophy advantage

Personally think they're good if it gets dudes off the couch and into the bush.

That is a very ignorant statement that all deer have a small home range.
    It flies in the face of the latest data coming in from the BC mule deer project as well from other endless studies.
    Some of the deer are now over 120 kms away from their capture and collared location....and still traveling.

Hardcore contact of mine was on a stud WT last yr in reg 3.
    Got the buck on cam in the middle of the night and that buck was killed just under 20km away the next morning by a contact of his.
    The data is endless on how much some deer move around. and yes some stick to smaller areas with consistency.

I had a pretty decent bull that I had scouted out that was summering with my target bull.
    He had a split brow and a small sticker by his G5, so pretty easy to identify.
    He was killed at 15 km away on opening day after I had watched him until dark 2 days prior.

When you are done patting yourself on the back for your opinions being the only ones that count and are virtuous, you may want to pop your head up a bit, have a look around as there is a world going on that doesn't run by your opinions. Quite the opposite to be honest

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea