Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    The use of trail cams is a privacy issue IMHO....if used on private land then fine...public land NOT so fine!
    Let’s be realistic....your more likely to have someone take your pic while walking/driving down the street and there are no laws in place to stop that person from taking your pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    So in your opinion, is the use of trail cams is a conservation concern or not?
    Nope. There are other regulations that look after the conservation aspect such a limited season lengths, bag limits and LEH when needed.

The trail camera itself is rather innocuous to the health of wildlife, but their associated use with baiting is a concern that needs to be minded.

I do value many of our laws that address ethics and fair chase. Hunting must maintain a major opinion of propriety.
    IMO, I would welcome a ban on cellular cameras during any open big game season.

I recall a thread here in years past, though unsure if it was truth or tale it doesn't really matter as the story was well within the parameters of reality.
    The member shared a diary of his moose hunt. Sitting on the couch at home waiting for his phone notification that the target bull was at the waterhole.
    Camera notifies him that the bull is there. Put down the cheerios, take a short drive and a kill the moose.
    This potential just doesn't sit well with me.

I’m always curious as to why we want more laws? Damn, there’s enough laws already, like really it’s just a camera, the camera isn’t shooting the game, it’s only taking pics of the animals that use that pathway a certain day.. as for privacy, that’s horse shiet, no one wants your picture anyway....They’ll get deleted.

Floors me how people want more laws so big brother can micro manage them even more... just my opinion
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Unless everyone is going to be held accountable to the rule of law, why have any laws?

Trail cams can actually reduce a hunter's success, at least for some.
    Get one monster on cam and one can obsess over him holding out for that one chance.
    Meanwhile a guy has passed on some wonderful game in pursuit of that ghost.

Cams in BC need more regulation like Rosie O'Donnel needs a bigger fork.

Cam'in is a fantastic activity, enjoyable to all ages and helps get youth interested in our sport.

Fair Chase being scrutinized with nonsense topics make me roll my eyes.

Endangered salmon runs are being gill netted at will with zero accountability.
    Wildlife is being killed 365 days a yr day and night with no regard for conservation or accountability.
    Resource extraction is causing excessive habitat fragmentation and endless access.
    We are losing critical winter range at an alarming rate.
    The list goes on.

BUT, let's argue about the ethics of using trail cams which allows us to further enjoy our sport more, attract youth, grow our sport ....while our sport and access to the land is being threatened from all angles.

Hunting (licensed and regulated hunting that is) is under a full court press from leftist Gov, FN, anti's and social justice warriors but hunters are debating the use of trail cameras that may disagree with someone's personal interpretation of fair chase.

Insanity if you ask me when you look at the big picture.

How's this for a suggestion-
    If you have a personal issue with the lawful use of trail cams then DON'T USE THEM
    Last edited by Ourea; 07-27-2019 at 01:08 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Thumbs up Re: Nevada outlaws trail cams

VERY Well Said Ourea!!

Cheers & Thanks!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Further, riddle me this.......

A hunter logs a couple hundred Km's every weekend rd hunting.
    Finally he catches a legal spike buck standing in the middle of the road and shoots it.
    He guts the one year old buck on the side of the road then loads it into his vehicle that is parked beside the kill .......that is considered a FAIR CHASE harvest.

Other side of the coin......

A hunter hikes 6 hrs into the remote back country to hang a trail camera.
    He finds a tremendous buck.
    He then spends 3-4 days a week living out of a mobile camp searching basin after basin logging hundreds of hrs on his boots in the process.
    He hunts for that one buck for several yrs and finally takes him.
    He probably had to endure countless experiences of pouring rain, snow, being fogged out and stuck in camp, climbing into a wet sleeping bag all the while questioning his sanity for enduring the day to day.

BUT he used a trail cam to find him....THAT'S NOT FAIR CHASE cries the road hunter!!!!

These type of threads kill me

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    It is pretty simple, if we want to be honest with ourselves. There is only one question to ask.

"Does the use of trail cams in British Columbia create a conservation concern?"

If the answer is yes, then they should be banned. If the answer is no, then they should be allowed.

From my experiences and the experiences of many that have used trail cams, the answer is a resounding -NO- they do not create a conservation concern.

Keep in mind that someone using a trail cam that ends up patterning and shooting a bigger animal than you does not ​create a conservation concern.
    It could be argued even that it helps conservation in the end. How many people know that there is a big buck hanging around because of a trail cam and so pass on all the smaller ones and often eventually go without tagging anything because they have passed on everything holding out hope for a certain animal? Without the trail cam and knowing whats in the area how many of the same hunters would have shot the first legal buck they saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Trail cams can actually reduce a hunter's success, at least for some.
    Get one monster on cam and one can obsess over him holding out for that one chance.
    Meanwhile a guy has passed on some wonderful game in pursuit of that ghost.
    x2. been there and done that myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Nope. There are other regulations that look after the conservation aspect such a limited season lengths, bag limits and LEH when needed.

The trail camera itself is rather innocuous to the health of wildlife, but their associated use with baiting is a concern that needs to be minded.

I do value many of our laws that address ethics and fair chase. Hunting must maintain a major opinion of propriety.
    IMO, I would welcome a ban on cellular cameras during any open big game season.

I recall a thread here in years past, though unsure if it was truth or tale it doesn't really matter as the story was well within the parameters of reality.
    The member shared a diary of his moose hunt. Sitting on the couch at home waiting for his phone notification that the target bull was at the waterhole.
    Camera notifies him that the bull is there. Put down the cheerios, take a short drive and a kill the moose.
    This potential just doesn't sit well with me.
    I remember reading about Internet hunting a while back using remotely controlled firearms in the US. There was even a website called LIVESHOT. What a joke!
    Definitely FAIR CHASE!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein