Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3-31B Sheep Hunt

Re: 3-31B Sheep Hunt

If you change the Elevation Exaggeration in Google Earth to 1.5 it gives you a more realistic 3D view. I can't take credit for this (someone elsewhere on this board suggested) but it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    If you change the Elevation Exaggeration in Google Earth to 1.5 it gives you a more realistic 3D view. I can't take credit for this (someone elsewhere on this board suggested) but it really works.
    Where do you change that?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Once have Google earth open click on Tools (in top left bar), then click on Options. About 2/3's down under Terrain heading will see Elevation Exaggeration and enter 1.5 in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    Once have Google earth open click on Tools (in top left bar), then click on Options. About 2/3's down under Terrain heading will see Elevation Exaggeration and enter 1.5 in the box.
    Thanks man, that improved it quite a bit.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

follow up question for the experienced sheep hunters around the fraser:

I assume I am more likely to find sheep closer to sun rise and sun set just like deer, although anything can happen? Just wondering if I should focus my scouting efforts to early morning and evenings. Obviously when hunting, my style anyway is to spend all day glassing.

Hoping to bring the kids but have some quality time with them camping during the days
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

guest Guest

Dark
    When ive hunted those Rams i hunted in late in the season as i could. Was surprised many years ago by finding the most of them in the Timber on ugly slopes slides and out croppings.
    Yes we did glass many early and late day. But it seemed more like hunting a Biggin ol MDeer buck in tough terrain.
    I wish you good luck. Go multiple times if needed.
    Its a terrific experience.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Dark
    When ive hunted those Rams i hunted in late in the season as i could. Was surprised many years ago by finding the most of them in the Timber on ugly slopes slides and out croppings.
    Yes we did glass many early and late day. But it seemed more like hunting a Biggin ol MDeer buck in tough terrain.
    I wish you good luck. Go multiple times if needed.
    Its a terrific experience.
    Ya I figured later in the season would be better. I have found biologist reports from collared animals in that heard, they generally don't leave the mountains until well past the LEH opening, but that doesn't mean there will be none. Lucky for us its close so we will put a lot of time into this hunt. Its all burned now, not sure what year that happened but might help finding them in the timber
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Early and late is better for glassing as the animals will be up feeding. But they do get up during the middle of the day and stretch and piss. Have also seen them bed in the wide open slopes too.

Obviously better to glass when they are moving around as a white rump patch will appear more often then not especially when comparing to a bedded ram.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.