I didn't want to hi Jack huntertylers thread but I am seriously looking to buy a hobby farm/land. Almost anywhere but the lower mainland.

A little about me I am also 30 years old weird eh. I am a red seal welder and ironworker and soon to be millwright apprentice. Currently renting with my girlfriend out in abbotsford. My lady is a red seal chef (lucky me) and I feel she could find work in most small towns. I will probably have to work out of town for at least a good part of the year.

My budget is low. I have 100k to work with and dream of buying land outright. This would be my first home purchase. Just enough space to start a small farming operation. I would consider a mortgage if the land had a home already situated or the perfect location arouse.

My grandparents currently reside just before little fort
In the north Thompson valley. I have spent most of my years hunting in region 3-28, 29, 30,39 ext. I am quite familiar with the area and would love to carry on the family tradition of raising cattle and supply the family with meat. I found one acreage up in the Clearwater valley just past all the B&B's, 30 acres for 110k. There are three B&B's by the falls I figure if there's three there must by some tourism demand. I don't know of the regions agricultural uses especially up by bridge lake where I see alot of lots for sale but I don't see any berry or vegetable farms just cattle ranches hmmmmm...

I'm also interested in the Kootenays. I found 19 acres just past Greenwood along hwy 3 asking 89k. I am under the impression the area has agricultural potential. I would love to have an orchard!

Also looking around Quesnel as I feel I could find work in town.

From what I understand to qualify for farm status you only have to bring in 2500 a year. Please clarify if anyone has more info

I found lots of support for young farmers starting out but alot of the resources revolve around leasing land to farm.

Thanks for any input