Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Electric trucks

Re: Electric trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Luka77 View Post
    I drive used Mazda 6 daily Burnaby-Chilliwack and the gas is costing me between 200-300 a month. On a full year that will come up to 3000-4000. For your buddy it will be many years before he is cost neutral. With amount he paid out for that Tesla he could've bought a lot of gas, even at our premium prices.
    Yes, but he also bought a high end car. Not just an electric car. If his main priority was ONLY fuel savings then he could have bought a second hand Nissan Leaf.

With all this electric talk, it’s a good thing site C is being built. How many more would be needed if all people went to electric ...?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    With all this electric talk, it’s a good thing site C is being built. How many more would be needed if all people went to electric ...?
    My buddy asked his friend who works for BC Hydro, and he said something like 4-5 more projects like Site C would be required
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I drive used Mazda 6 daily Burnaby-Chilliwack and the gas is costing me between 200-300 a month. On a full year that will come up to 3000-4000. For your buddy it will be many years before he is cost neutral. With amount he paid out for that Tesla he could've bought a lot of gas, even at our premium prices.
    The same could be said of any new vehicle vs an old beater. It's pretty dam easy to spend $75K on a pickup these days and the depreciation is off the charts. It will be interesting to see if a 10 year old Tesla loses as much value as a 10 year old Cadillac.

I think the Tesla Truck and other EV’s have a place for sure. A couple coworkers have them and love them. Polaris makes an EV side by side.. with around a 50mile range. 75km ish. Sure it depends on load/ terrain etc. Costs about 3k more then a standard one. People have switched out the batteries to higher quality ones and have increased the range significantly. Would work great for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by scott h View Post
    The same could be said of any new vehicle vs an old beater. It's pretty dam easy to spend $75K on a pickup these days and the depreciation is off the charts. It will be interesting to see if a 10 year old Tesla loses as much value as a 10 year old Cadillac.
    For sure, but then you can't claim you did it to save on gas. I don't think Nissan Leaf can make it this far.
    One colleague from work has it and I think he can't make it one way to Chilliwack out of range. It could be some other EV but I believe he has Leaf.
    For now, price of EV's is still too high and it takes a lot of years to have a payback in gas vs similar class car with regular gas engine.

For sure, but then you can't claim you did it to save on gas. I don't think Nissan Leaf can make it this far.
    One colleague from work has it and I think he can't make it one way to Chilliwack out of range. It could be some other EV but I believe he has Leaf.
    For now, price of EV's is still too high and it takes a lot of years to have a payback in gas vs similar class car with regular gas engine.
    The price is high, for sure, but they have crazy rebates. You can basically get $6000 for your $500 beater when you buy a new EV ... or at least they did when my dad looked into buying a Leaf.

I drove a leaf when my BMW was at the tuners and I drove it from Langley to Richmond and back on one charge and it was delivered to me not quite 100% charged.

But they have different battery options so if you got the base model with the weakest battery then yes, it's going to suck.

They're expensive but so is everything else. I was at a Ford dealership for a recall on my F150 and they had a brand new F150, fully loaded and the sticker price was $99,000

That's a hundred grand for an F150!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

That's a hundred grand for an F150!!!!!
    That military grade aluminum dont come cheap

The first generation Leafs only had a 115 km range, but the newest ones are good for around 350 kms.