Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric trucks

Re: Electric trucks

We'll see when the government starts slapping a road tax on the electric cars per kilometer, who knows when but at some point they'll need to.

My desiels have always been new, but really getting tired of the maintenance costs, at a point I wouldn’t care to bring a generator with me like one would stop at a gas station
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    My desiels have always been new, but really getting tired of the maintenance costs, at a point I wouldn’t care to bring a generator with me like one would stop at a gas station
    Haha. But then you still need to haul gas for the generator. And I think your standard generator would have to run for 24hrs to do that kind of charging lol!

I think electric trucks are great, but they will probably just be around town contractor trucks, welding rigs etc until the range improves before people can actually go hunting with them.

They make them to appeal to the majority. Those who actually need 800km range are a minority they dont really need anyways. Not now at least.
    Last edited by twoSevenO; 07-23-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Nope. I can't afford to buy a new truck, let alone one with new tech.
    And while they may offer a huge payload, towing capacity, and range....they won't offer it simultaneously. It'll take a ton of juice to get that weight rolling and keep it rolling, cutting down the battery life.
    What kind of electric motors do they use? I've burned out a lot of electric motors. Especially ones used under a high load.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I think a solid electric truck is still years away. But I do hope lots of people buy them when they do come out....might bring down the cost of diesel for me

Elon Musk mentioned that their truck will be better than regular trucks like f150s out there. Will have 400km range. And will be under 50k.

That makes me interested. However, I will not be the gunieau pig

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    Elon Musk mentioned that their truck will be better than regular trucks like f150s
    Thats not saying much

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Thats not saying much

I know.... But he meant that it will have a true truck like capability.

I'm interested in an electric truck, but I would want at least a 700km highway range. I expect that may be a few years away.

I think electric vehicles are pretty cool, and I think those who own them now should really enjoy this "golden age" of electric vehicles, while operating costs are still cheap. Federal and provincial governments currently collect about $25,000,000,000 (that's 25 BILLION) in fuel taxes. They will come after EVs eventually
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I have to think that driving FSRS and hunting from an electric truck would bump a lot less animals, due to the vastly reduced noise as well. I agree that they will be built with the masses in mind, but you know that someone is going to trick one out with two batteries, similar to an extra tank in the truck bed, and jury rig a portable solar charger to one.

PS - I just found this. apparently there is already a tesla truck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35gWBtLCYg