Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Electric trucks

Re: Electric trucks

I drive an ev and when the truck comes out I will be getting one of those too. Once the government starts to hit the ev,s for their road tax sales will die off is my assumption.
    Hunting the promised land

I’ll look at anything that makes sense. If an electric truck makes more sense than a gas or diesel truck, I will buy it. I ran two trucks on waste vegetable oil, I’m fine with alternate energy, but it has to actually work and make sense financially and with performance.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

EV owners will probably have to pay road tax when they renew insurance, via km driven. Going to be a whole bunch of angry hipsters when that happens.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    EV owners will probably have to pay road tax when they renew insurance, via km driven. Going to be a whole bunch of angry hipsters when that happens.
    My diesel tuner charges $100 for subsequent "adjustments" ... I'll just get him to "adjust" the odometer next time. Lol

But you're right on choosing what makes sense. Personally I dont care what it runs on if it makes financial sense

When an electric truck comes out that fits my needs, cold reliable, and can launch a boat without risk of shorting our and catching fire I will look at them

right now they just don’t cut it for my life style

My friend at work in film commutes daily from chilliwack to Burnaby or north van, wherever the show is at. He just bought a model 3 Tesla and it’s saving him hundreds a month on fuel ( which is good). I think EV is only good for that, the daily commuters. He says there is no coasting once you let off the “gas” pedal. It slows down right away so you always have to be using the electricity of the vehicle. It’s going to be a longggg time I think before they come out with something that’s suitable for long range distances, especially for an electric truck that can do the hauling and distance a diesel can do. Even if they come out with one I’d never buy a first generation. Like previously mentioned, majority of the consumers will be for the everyday commuters.

My personal opinion is they are just getting suckers to buy electric to make themselves feel better about the environment. There is plenty of oil and gas on this planet that we won’t run out. It’s just a cash grab. The lithium mines do waayyyyyyyyyy worse for the environment then what we do now for oil.

Every single person I know is buying them because they want to save money on fuel, not because they're doing the planet a good thing.

There is no coasting and it slows right down because its using the braking force to recharge the battery.

You might think its dumb to not be able to coast, but there is a good reason for that. Besides, it makes your brakes last longer!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Every single person I know is buying them because they want to save money on fuel, not because they're doing the planet a good thing.

There is no coasting and it slows right down because its using the braking force to recharge the battery.

You might think its dumb to not be able to coast, but there is a good reason for that. Besides, it makes your brakes last longer!
    Yes I get that and understand that. I was just saying that because coasting May help with the longer distant you can travel instead of just constantly using your power in an EV

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    Yes I get that and understand that. I was just saying that because coasting May help with the longer distant you can travel instead of just constantly using your power in an EV
    But a topped up battery also helps travel longer distance...... almost like they considered both options and went with the one that made more sense .... maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    My friend at work in film commutes daily from chilliwack to Burnaby or north van, wherever the show is at. He just bought a model 3 Tesla and it’s saving him hundreds a month on fuel ( which is good). I think EV is only good for that, the daily commuters. He says there is no coasting once you let off the “gas” pedal. It slows down right away so you always have to be using the electricity of the vehicle. It’s going to be a longggg time I think before they come out with something that’s suitable for long range distances, especially for an electric truck that can do the hauling and distance a diesel can do. Even if they come out with one I’d never buy a first generation. Like previously mentioned, majority of the consumers will be for the everyday commuters.

My personal opinion is they are just getting suckers to buy electric to make themselves feel better about the environment. There is plenty of oil and gas on this planet that we won’t run out. It’s just a cash grab. The lithium mines do waayyyyyyyyyy worse for the environment then what we do now for oil.
    I drive used Mazda 6 daily Burnaby-Chilliwack and the gas is costing me between 200-300 a month. On a full year that will come up to 3000-4000. For your buddy it will be many years before he is cost neutral. With amount he paid out for that Tesla he could've bought a lot of gas, even at our premium prices.