Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scarpas boots

Re: Scarpas boots

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    How are the Scarpas in November - moving vs not moving? Plenty warm with decent socks? I am used to insulated which is why I am asking.
    Like any uninsulated boot, your feet will be cold if you are sitting and probably fine and warm if your moving for a while. I've never found the need to buy insulated boots, but I'm usually moving at that time of year...too cold to sit around too long...

I bought a pair of Scarpa Fuegos this spring. I was going to drop the hammer on another more expensive brand I could have got local, but the distributor couldn’t answer my questions about the soles.

I have 50 days on them so far, 8-10 hour days. I like them. A little bit of wear behind the shoe laces on the softer leather I'll have to keep an eye on.

I used a pair for 1 season of tree planting and several back packing trips there after.

They help up super well. Most boots don’t last a full tree planting season. I was impressed.

[QUOTE=ryanb;2105586]I've owned them all, Meindls, Lowas, and Scarpas. I'm on my 3 pair of Scarpa Kinesis pro GTX now.

I'm on my second pair, I can't say enough good things about them. I use them hiking all summer, back pack hunting and day hunting in the fall, and snowshoeing in the winter. I've never had wet feet. I use Nikwax to treat them has this product is designed specifically for boots with Gortex and like other products won't soften the leather.

I have asked this in another thread but I will ask here as well:
    Ok so I just tried Scarpas in my right size. walked around indoors with woolen socks for 1/2 hr. I have never tried a rigid leather hiking boot before. Previous hiking boots have been some sort of fabric/goretex. Scarpas were good but I don't have experience in this matter.

To the guys who own rigid leather boots, and specifically scarpas, do they feel super comfortable to u? Or do u actually find them a bit heavy/rigid like they r supposed to?

I have Scarpa kinesis pro gtx. Great boots, but too stiff for me for flat walking along a road. They really shine in the side hill and rocky stuff. I find the stiffness makes them noisy on flat ground.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepJeep View Post
    I have asked this in another thread but I will ask here as well:
    Ok so I just tried Scarpas in my right size. walked around indoors with woolen socks for 1/2 hr. I have never tried a rigid leather hiking boot before. Previous hiking boots have been some sort of fabric/goretex. Scarpas were good but I don't have experience in this matter.

To the guys who own rigid leather boots, and specifically scarpas, do they feel super comfortable to u? Or do u actually find them a bit heavy/rigid like they r supposed to?
    I find them pretty comfortable, but both my pairs are mountaineering boots and so are pretty damned stiff in the soles(B2 and B3 types of boots). I put on nearly 20kms and 5500' elevation gain on a long day hike in the mountains weekend before last and my feet were pretty comfortable, but I am looking at buying a more cushioned insole, both my pairs have pretty thin and hard insoles from the factory.

Overall I love Scarpas, they fit my feet better than the equivalent La Sportiva's, wear incredibly well, and are priced reasonably imo.

I have the SL Active. Great boots that aren’t too stiff. The only downside was they had a material liner which wears in the heel. They’ve switched to leather now, which would be great. Don’t bother with gortex, as long as you maintain the leather they are totally waterproof.

I have a pair I’m pretty happy with. I ordered Them from atmosphere when they had a 25 % off sale a couple years ago. I think I’m going to buy a set of happy feet insoles to go in them this year. I just put 60km on them in jasper last week packing a 60lb pack.

For you you guys that own leather/goretex boots, what do you use to treat them? I got wet feet for the first time in them the other day, but it might have been from coming in over the top.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

They'er good but they are not Lowa's.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!