Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Everyone get serious, someone's killing people up at Dease area I just got home on the 20th from up there, you think you're ok because you have a rifle, handgun etc. but reality is you pull over for a quick break and someone pulls in behind, pulls out a firearm and you're standing with your pants around your ankles! Sorry for dramatics but damnit I think that's how it's going down. Sorry for the dramatics but I work up there and it worries me. Take care everyone.

^^^^
    exactly. Having a gun does not do shit.

The person whos going to attack you is likely going to approach like a normal person, and like said above you will be caught with your pants down. And shit out of luck.

I wouldn’t even stop to help fix a tire right now. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    ^^^^
    exactly. Having a gun does not do shit.

The person whos going to attack you is likely going to approach like a normal person, and like said above you will be caught with your pants down. And shit out of luck.

I wouldn’t even stop to help fix a tire right now. No thanks
    All I would do is pick up the phone and tell someone that someone is on the side of road that appears to need assistance.
    (If the cell works up there???)
    Let the authorities help out or see what's up, imo.

also 2 young guys missing from Surrey and their abandoned vehicle found at Logan Lake...maybe it is a murderer working his way north from the border. Lock your doors up there and keep your hunting rifle on standby

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    All I would do is pick up the phone and tell someone that someone is on the side of road that appears to need assistance.
    (If the cell works up there???)
    Let the authorities help out or see what's up, imo.
    There is no cell service there for about 500km. Stopping to help people on the roadside is something we do and it's sad to say we are living in a world where we can't do that anymore. We travel this route often and never would think twice about stopping to help someone and hope someone would do the same for us if needed. But I think I would be extremely cautious after these recent events.

That's one of the biggest problems in the north once your about 10 minutes outside a town that's it NO CELL SERVICE. Cell service isn't too bad up to Prince George but beyond you only get a signal in towns or when you pass a Mountain that has a mine on it. As for the news people in Vancouver my god are they clueless, asking the police if they think the 2 murders up near Liard Hot Springs and the missing teens near Dease Lake are connected, what a joke, do they have any idea the driving distance involved to get from one to the other. Two totally different regions of the province. Not impossible but HIGHLY unlikely.

^^^^only 460km.....not very far at all

Guess I need to look at a map before I shoot my fingers off. Had this vision in my head that Liard was near Pink Mountain. Now I feel like an a$$h013 with egg on my face. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Guess I need to look at a map before I shoot my fingers off. Had this vision in my head that Liard was near Pink Mountain. Now I feel like an a$$h013 with egg on my face. lol
    Make the drive, it's one of the nicest in the province. We do it at least twice a year. 3 days round trip if you do the circle

is that composite sketch with the bearded guy, the unidentified body near the missing teens truck or is it the guy who argued with the aussie/American couple....could it be the same guy ..maybe suicide after killing a second group? I guess beards are very popular these days but makes you wonder