Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
The more time goes by the less it looks like anyone from the Bear Clan Patrol actually saw anything... I mean, how hard could it be to find a couple guys in the middle of nowhere a few hours after they were spotted. They would have been easy to spot from a helicopter last night with infrared.

It’s a great way to show the world though that the Manitoba government has reduced funding for the Bear Clan Patrol in the last few years...

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/20...k-landing.html

Excerpt from the article:

“It is unfortunate that we do not have a strong First Nations police force in our Manitoba First Nations communities, which is due to the Manitoba government withholding adequate funding in recent years,” Acting Grand Chief Sheldon Kent said in the statement. “Yet we are thankful for the Bear Clan Patrol, for their willingness to fill in this gap that the province created.”
I had the doubt the first time I read the news. A group of guys from Winnipeg, the first day they "joined" the search, and they spot the suspicious young men!! Yeah, they are trained to be a perfect tracker, aren't they?
Bear Clan or Bear Clown?