Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

The woods are a vast place, especially Manitoba.

How long could anywhere evade capture with common sense alone? Quite a while.

How long before the inevitable? I think they will become uncomfortable and perhaps hungry / malnourished. I am certain they are already regretting their decision making process, probably missing a shower, warm bed and all the other comforts of home already. Being out in the bush gives a person a lot more time to think. Add some discomforts... a whole lotta bugs, some cold nights ahead, some hunger, maybe withdrawal from prescription pharmaceuticals. It's only a matter of time. Whether they come out peacefully or in a confrontational manner is anyone's guess... but they will be coming back out sooner than the later.

Hmm I got to talk with the Bushman..of theShuswap?...anyhow he lived just a few blocks from us..his words to me .." had he wanted to just escape he could have done it easily..his home under a huge rock..and its location guaranteed escape from air detection by heat thermal imaging...
    Who knows if these 2 will yet surprise us..
    Srupp

My moneys on .... they are long long gone from Manitoba.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    My moneys on .... they are long long gone from Manitoba.
    Hmm good point there.

I have seen their picture numerous times and to be honest, if the one shaved or grew in his beard or the other cut his hair short, unless they were acting really out of place I would probably walk right passed them and not think twice. If they got out of Northern Manitoba into a decent size city other than maybe Winnipeg they are gone. How many store clerks in Regina or Toronto are really going to be paying enough attention to who goes through their till. In my opinion, if they made it out of there they will never be caught unless they turn themselves in or do something really stupid. And I don't think these men are stupid. Granted the probably could not find jobs but they could easily blend in with the other homeless.

I hope they are caught, alive and answers are given. But think it will be a long time.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

The whole thing is interesting.I would like to know what their motives were for killing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Yep, like most discussions anything political or law enforcement on this or any other chatroom, there are more than enough keyboard critics, armchair experts, and conspiracy theorists out there already
    I personally think aliens are behind this and the secrets to all of this are at area 51 which will be stormed by several tinfoil hats soon....

Assuming they're still alive, they've only got so much rope. Money is pretty important and if someone is forwarding it to them, that will leave a trail, especially if it's family. Besides that, no one is going to continue funding them indefinitely. Getting a job without a SIN or collecting welfare is not an option.

Going from living in a house with all the creature comforts to homeless or cabin in the bush and living off the land is a HUGE feat. One guy 'might' succeed, but a double header with the same crime trail, not a chance.

Guys like Johnson and Oros had already lived the solitary self reliant life for years before they became fugitives. Living in the bush 4 seasons, without the option of going to town to restock is impossible.
    Johnson could have assumed another identity in his day -and likely did more than once- but that option was long gone well before evenOros made his stand against the law.

These kids might make a good run, but it's a time bomb. I just hope no one else pays with their life before the fat lady sings...

Lots of cabins in Nortern Manitoba that are not occupied year round, and a ton of opportunity to steal a bit of food. Also, they have really only had the pressure on for a short while, and could have easily had food to get them through. As much as we want to feel special, you don't need a lot of experience to hole up in a tent or some out of the way place at this time of year, if you have some relief from bugs and a supply of water. A whole lot of people on the news are making it seem like this is an enormous feat, but with no recent spottings these guys could easily be doing just fine somewhere just outside of what seems like a real arbitrary search area.

They could be mixed with blue-berries in a pile of bear scat or chilling in a basement in Kelowna...who knows at this point.

I’d place my money on them being know where near northern Manitoba though. Why burn your only vehicle and then set out on foot with the whole country looking for you? How far would you expect to get before the law caught up with you?