Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    The more time goes by the less it looks like anyone from the Bear Clan Patrol actually saw anything... I mean, how hard could it be to find a couple guys in the middle of nowhere a few hours after they were spotted. They would have been easy to spot from a helicopter last night with infrared.

It’s a great way to show the world though that the Manitoba government has reduced funding for the Bear Clan Patrol in the last few years...

https://www.thestar.com/vancouver/20...k-landing.html

Excerpt from the article:

“It is unfortunate that we do not have a strong First Nations police force in our Manitoba First Nations communities, which is due to the Manitoba government withholding adequate funding in recent years,” Acting Grand Chief Sheldon Kent said in the statement. “Yet we are thankful for the Bear Clan Patrol, for their willingness to fill in this gap that the province created.”
    I had the doubt the first time I read the news. A group of guys from Winnipeg, the first day they "joined" the search, and they spot the suspicious young men!! Yeah, they are trained to be a perfect tracker, aren't they?
    Bear Clan or Bear Clown?
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    The more time goes by the less it looks like anyone from the Bear Clan Patrol actually saw anything... I mean, how hard could it be to find a couple guys in the middle of nowhere a few hours after they were spotted. They would have been easy to spot from a helicopter last night with infrared.
    I'm certain if it was in fact the two fugitives they would have been shot or captured by now, the Military and RCMP would have surrounded that area with no hope of escape. Well over 200 tips and absolutely nothing! I wouldn't have called anything in unless I was 100% certain it was them, this stuff is made for Hollywood. This just get more bizarre as time goes by.

I'd like to know which video games these kids were playing cause they've obviously learned some escape and evasion tactics from one of them. How many tens of millions is the C130 with the thermal imaging systems worth that's presently hunting these two, not to mention all the other resources out there now.

Or they could already be dead / injured / stuck and that is why their movements aren't showing up.

This was the first I heard of this:

Band constables stopped two young men suspected in three Northern B.C. murders as they drove through the Manitoba reserve of the Tataskweyak Cree Nation, Coun. Nathan Neckoway told Global News.

Neckoway said the pair was stopped during a routine check for alcohol — a common check since his is a dry community. The constables didn’t find anything amiss, reportedly, and the pair was let go.

We weren’t aware of their status, of them being wanted,” Neckoway said. “Apparently after they came to our community that’s when they sent out that wanted [status].”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5697042/r...-york-landing/
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

That wonderful tidbit of info just came out today. They had them but didn’t know it...

More on the hapless RCMP Constable from Tataskweyak Cree Nation

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...spartanntp_edu

According to the Global news report, "The constables didn't find anything amiss" in above report the outlaws ran the "road block" and were stopped down the road a ways - something amiss anyone?
    In possession of a vehicle stolen from an individual found deceased nearly a week prior - Sorry didn't get the memo??

Also interesting bit about the "RCMP Constables" in plain clothing driving RCMP vehicles performing a road block??
    Don't we have enough uniforms to go around, what happens when approached by said officer without their vehicle or any ID on their clothing? What would my reaction be? Hmmm

Now I get it the poor SOB Mountie is probably so flustered by the media attention/microphones in their face that they may struggle to keep the story straight
    This gets more and more bizarre by the minute
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

They are keepers of the land, not the law

IME, a traffic stop that requires a vehicle to be pursued and pulled over for even a minor infraction is always followed by, "License and registration."

Blowing through a road block???
    If I was that constable, I think I would have kept that little jewel to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    IME, a traffic stop that requires a vehicle to be pursued and pulled over for even a minor infraction is always followed by, "License and registration."

Blowing through a road block???
    If I was that constable, I think I would have kept that little jewel to myself.
    They were stopped by band constables, not RCMP. Maybe it’s just another attempt to get more funding. It would be interesting to know if they came forward with that info before or only after the RAV4 was found and it was confirmed that it was tied to the two suspected murderers.