Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

[QUOTE=RiverOtter;2106092]It isn't the capturing them alive that concerns me, it's the thought of 'sentencing' them to a mental facility, then releasing them in a few years, because society continues to confuse mental illness with pure evil.

YUP ! Best IS a WARNING shot through the Head ! jmo RJ

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    at the start I really thought this would end up being related to organized crime somehow, but it seems as though that is not the case....it seems like they wanted to escalate their video games into a real life scenario, engage in a real life manhunt and play war and survival games....they've created a scenario where the RCMP are forced to hunt them down, difficult terrain where they need to be hunted down on foot, if that doesn't happen I would imagine their game would get boring and they might seek out confrontation

only a matter of time till they are caught, hopefully without any injury to police.....truly tragic for the victims family, wrong place wrong time for the victims, just completely senseless and seemingly random acts of violence
    Sounds reasonable......but cross country?........to Gillam?!
    Part of a larger, longer fantasy possibly
    Or headed to a meeting with others ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

I'd like to clarify that I'm not calling ALL mental illness evil. I'm just saying that sometimes people are just
    simply evil, and we should acknowledge it as such.

I used to love camping alone in the bush. The thought of some baby face guys like this approaching with who knows what thoughts in their heads is unnerving with or without my 45.70. Perpetrators will more than likely take the first shot. The thought of even sleeping in my truck arouses many situations that can be problematic. I will have to get a big german shepherd to accompany me to still be able to enjoy some peace and quiet in our beautiful back country. Thank goodness this is an extremely rare event here.

Everyone saying they dont wish having to shoot the suspects upon a Peace officer is ridiculous.

If tou you want to be a cop you should be fully aware of having to use lethal force

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Sounds reasonable......but cross country?........to Gillam?!
    Part of a larger, longer fantasy possibly
    Or headed to a meeting with others ?
    yes that is a very odd place to end up, lots of country to hide in BC if that was the end game
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Just because they are trained to use lethal force doesn't mean it is the ideal outcome for them. Just because someone trains as an EMT doesn't mean they love rushing onto gory accident scenes.

If there is a better outcome available they should take it.

If you have not had your head in the ground the past decades you should be aware of the rising rates of PTSD leading to mental issues and even to higher rates of suicide among first responders. Until someone invents a magic conscience pill to wipe the affects of making such a decision from someone's mind, even taking part in a justified killing is not without its consequences. One of my close friends died in an accidental shooting when I was on site and even though I was spared seeing his body for a year after I could barely bring myself to do the things we enjoyed doing and I had to seek counseling because I would randomly break down thinking about him struggling to stay alive.

So while I want these boys to get justice, I would just as well they be arrested peacefully. Any officer who goes into it wanting to put a bullet into them should not be in uniform. Do so only if necessary yes.

I hope they are taken alive just so the victims families and public can know what really took place. After that if they truly are the messed up killers that they are being portrayed in the media I hope they fall and break their necks on the court house steps

But till then we still have no clue what happened or is happening

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Just because they are trained to use lethal force doesn't mean it is the ideal outcome for them. Just because someone trains as an EMT doesn't mean they love rushing onto gory accident scenes.

If there is a better outcome available they should take it.

If you have not had your head in the ground the past decades you should be aware of the rising rates of PTSD leading to mental issues and even to higher rates of suicide among first responders. Until someone invents a magic conscience pill to wipe the affects of making such a decision from someone's mind, even taking part in a justified killing is not without its consequences. One of my close friends died in an accidental shooting when I was on site and even though I was spared seeing his body for a year after I could barely bring myself to do the things we enjoyed doing and I had to seek counseling because I would randomly break down thinking about him struggling to stay alive.

So while I want these boys to get justice, I would just as well they be arrested peacefully. Any officer who goes into it wanting to put a bullet into them should not be in uniform. Do so only if necessary yes.
    I feel sorry for your close friend. I have had a couple close calls with firearm when I was new to firearm and I feel lucky.
    However, for a police officer, in searching or encountering the desperate killers, if you do not put bullets in their heads, you may end up being a dead hero. No one should ask the police officers to take chance.
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

No one should ask the police officers to take chance.
    To be perfectly clear, nor do I want any officer to take a chance. While the suspects are considered armed and dangerous, the police are justified to use lethal force if it is necessary.