Thread: Best lake within a few hours of Merritt for Xmas day ice fishing? Anything but bows!

Best lake within a few hours of Merritt for Xmas day ice fishing? Anything but bows!

Hey guys,

im looking to hit the road tomorrow bright and early and head out to a lake I’ve never fished and hopefully catch something besides rainbows.

im open to brookies, Kokanee, bull trout, Lakers, white fish, burbot. Hell I’d love a lake with pike walleye and perch

have a hut and all the fixings.
    just need ideas !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best lake within a few hours of Merritt for Xmas day ice fishing? Anything but bo

100 mile for Lakers and Burbot. South to Vernon for perch. Lots of choices if you don't mind driving.

Re: Best lake within a few hours of Merritt for Xmas day ice fishing? Anything but bo

Not sure of the regs anymore but off, Hwy 24 Bridge Lake has several species and does Lac Des Roche. Might be worth a look.

Looking like I’ll just stick locally and fish what I know, doesn’t seem to be a huge ice fishing following in here.

thanks to those who did reply, will look into those lakes for some weekend trips.