Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Technology eventually helped track down Albert Johnson. First instance of a plane used in a manhunt like that. Also it was a mass media sensation just like this one today but in those days it was radio reports taken by correspondents who actually traveled up there to deliver their news.

I'm starting to cheer for them. Maybe a new record in the works
    Like a lot of people I am interested in the outcome but I think comments like this are sad. It isn't a sport. I am interested to know why they did what they did and if they will brought down without any more harm to innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Technology eventually helped track down Albert Johnson. First instance of a plane used in a manhunt like that. Also it was a mass media sensation just like this one today but in those days it was radio reports taken by correspondents who actually traveled up there to deliver their news.

Like a lot of people I am interested in the outcome but I think comments like this are sad. It isn't a sport. I am interested to know why they did what they did and if they will brought down without any more harm to innocent people.
    �������� I did say take the loss of life out of the equation.

#triggered...somebody is a gamer lol

nobody was blaming video games for causing this, more like relating their skill set to their gaming preferences and information gained from from links to their online presence/profiles...ie they both were into strategy and survival games, sharing their fascination with Nazi's with other gamers, a student claims Bryer always talked about games "imagine if this game was real", etc.....it would seem they had an unhealthy obsession with games, but of course games didn't cause this, i think gatehouse nailed it

if they saved all their walmart pay cheques, they could have close to 5k....hard to speculate with knowing so little facts, but assuming they already had the truck/camper, they could go a long ways on 5k, their gas bill got a lot cheaper after they burned their truck

I grew up fishing northern ON, I know bugs lol, but the bugs did sweet f-all to slow down some teenagers who had visions of monster pike, walleye and brookies in our heads, with a canoe and crappy gear, we got destroyed and came back every summer, loved it......compare that to a manhunt with much bigger stakes, some adrenaline, bugs isn't going to stop them imo

these kids aren't idiots, they've proven that already....they had a 2 or 3 day head start and they chose Gillam, could've gone anywhere, I think they have a well thought out plan...the band constable who stopped them at roadside said they had a lot of maps, they have gear, I think they are long gone from Gillam at this point.....the suicide theory doesn't make sense to me, since they haven't been cornered yet, I think the manhunt is what they want, and they would like the media attention they're getting
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Gilliam is turning out to be the best choice. Have a feeling they aren't in the area. Heck of a rope a dope though

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    #triggered...somebody is a gamer lol

nobody was blaming video games for causing this, more like relating their skill set to their gaming preferences and information gained from from links to their online presence/profiles...ie they both were into strategy and survival games, sharing their fascination with Nazi's with other gamers, a student claims Bryer always talked about games "imagine if this game was real", etc.....it would seem they had an unhealthy obsession with games, but of course games didn't cause this, i think gatehouse nailed it

if they saved all their walmart pay cheques, they could have close to 5k....hard to speculate with knowing so little facts, but assuming they already had the truck/camper, they could go a long ways on 5k, their gas bill got a lot cheaper after they burned their truck

I grew up fishing northern ON, I know bugs lol, but the bugs did sweet f-all to slow down some teenagers who had visions of monster pike, walleye and brookies in our heads, with a canoe and crappy gear, we got destroyed and came back every summer, loved it......compare that to a manhunt with much bigger stakes, some adrenaline, bugs isn't going to stop them imo

these kids aren't idiots, they've proven that already....they had a 2 or 3 day head start and they chose Gillam, could've gone anywhere, I think they have a well thought out plan...the band constable who stopped them at roadside said they had a lot of maps, they have gear, I think they are long gone from Gillam at this point.....the suicide theory doesn't make sense to me, since they haven't been cornered yet, I think the manhunt is what they want, and they would like the media attention they're getting
    Exactly the way I see it too. Well said Mike.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

​Simon Gunanoot . . .

Everyone assumes there’s a crazy wild explanation for this, it could be that they’re just a couple of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    ​Simon Gunanoot . . .
    He was on the run but wasn't a lengthy "manhunt", local legend non the less

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Gilliam is turning out to be the best choice. Have a feeling they aren't in the area. Heck of a rope a dope though
    Yes, I know where I'm going if I ever need to hideout.

I can't understand how they could have survived so long. Surely they've run out of internet.