Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Lots of cabins in Nortern Manitoba that are not occupied year round, and a ton of opportunity to steal a bit of food. Also, they have really only had the pressure on for a short while, and could have easily had food to get them through. As much as we want to feel special, you don't need a lot of experience to hole up in a tent or some out of the way place at this time of year, if you have some relief from bugs and a supply of water. A whole lot of people on the news are making it seem like this is an enormous feat, but with no recent spottings these guys could easily be doing just fine somewhere just outside of what seems like a real arbitrary search area.
    If they're actually still in the area, I tend to agree with you. People lived in the same area all year long well before
    bug spray and other modern conveniences.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    They could be mixed with blue-berries in a pile of bear scat or chilling in a basement in Kelowna...who knows at this point.

I’d place my money on them being know where near northern Manitoba though. Why burn your only vehicle and then set out on foot with the whole country looking for you? How far would you expect to get before the law caught up with you?
    Yeah, with no real pressure and no warrant issued you have to wonder why they would abort their vehicle without securing another. I think that fits timeline?

My theory is Capture... Short incarceration... Released back into the public... After all it sounds like they have had a tough up bringing up to this point...

Quote Originally Posted by RINO View Post
    My theory is Capture... Short incarceration... Released back into the public... After all it sounds like they have had a tough up bringing up to this point...
    That's one thing we can be sure of, the courts not holding them to account.

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Lots of cabins in Nortern Manitoba that are not occupied year round, and a ton of opportunity to steal a bit of food. Also, they have really only had the pressure on for a short while, and could have easily had food to get them through. As much as we want to feel special, you don't need a lot of experience to hole up in a tent or some out of the way place at this time of year, if you have some relief from bugs and a supply of water. A whole lot of people on the news are making it seem like this is an enormous feat, but with no recent spottings these guys could easily be doing just fine somewhere just outside of what seems like a real arbitrary search area.
    Short term I might agree, but looking beyond this coming fall/winter and into next year and years following, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    My moneys on .... they are long long gone from Manitoba.
    long gone to Saskatchewan Where the gettin's good if you're gettin' gone
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Ya, don't go worrying about your video games....they're the last thing that will take the heat from all this.

Guess the first item blamed and how they had acquired it?

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    He was on the run but wasn't a lengthy "manhunt", local legend non the less
    It was a few years actually. The attempts by the provincial police to find him stretched over 3 years, the last by the Pinkerton detectives in winter 1909. Once the official search was deactivated they upped the reward. There were bounty hunters looking for him for a few more years after that.

As for the two peckerheads still on the run, I think they're probably a little smarter and better prepared than people think. Doesn't make sense to do a marathon drive halfway across the country just to burn your car and run into the bush without a plan. I'm betting they're long gone for now.

Also have my doubts about the sighting of the two by that bear clan patrol or whatever it's called. A bit too convenient maybe? I think for the RCMP to pull out of York Landing this quickly means maybe they know something.

I don’t get the sighting in York Landing garbage dump. Two white dudes scavenging in a dump bolt for the woods on being spotted. The cops are there quickly with ground, water and air assets. And then they pull the plug and say there is nothing there. So did the Clan guys see anyone or not? Did they make it up? Are there a couple of skinny white dudes just happening through and thought they would grab a bite at the dump? Presumably they could not have got far and if it was not the two wanted men then they would have hauled someone out of the woods regardless, wouldn’t they? Perhaps the cops quickly determined there was nothing in the claim so have given up. Whatever, it seems odd to me.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I believe the Bear Clan did give an honest description of what they thought they saw.
    After watching the news showing police looking through that garbage dump with black bears doing the same,
    and reading many accounts of people thinking they saw a Sasquatch which turned out to be a bear, and further
    recalling a time when my wife and I saw what we thought was a fisherman come up a bank, out onto the road,
    and then walk across the road on two legs before going down on all fours when he went down the far bank as we
    approached him while driving at night which we then realized was a bear, I wonder if their imagination played
    tricks with what they thought they saw.