Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Re: Dease lake body found two teens missing

Man, I remember 30 years ago being a teenager and very frightened of America, with all of the murders we'd hear about on the news. I remember anytime I went to Seattle or small town nearby, I would feel so uneasy. It was a rarity at that time growing up in GV, though I remember the Clifford Olson warnings.

I can't help but feel sad that it looks like we (Canada) are becoming something similar, with what seems like weekly, if not monthly reports of bodies being found.

Makes me feel all the more enthusiastic to get out there away from it all, into the hills and woods, become the hunter and hopefully learn enough to pass on to my family so we can enjoy the beauty of our great land.

Sincerely hope for peace and resolution to those affected by this tragedy.

Good luck to all this season, hopefully the forums will be filled with less dark subject matter, and with pics and tales of triumph.

Cheers,
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by joshbazz View Post
    Man, I remember 30 years ago being a teenager and very frightened of America, with all of the murders we'd hear about on the news. I remember anytime I went to Seattle or small town nearby, I would feel so uneasy. It was a rarity at that time growing up in GV, though I remember the Clifford Olson warnings.

I can't help but feel sad that it looks like we (Canada) are becoming something similar, with what seems like weekly, if not monthly reports of bodies being found.

Makes me feel all the more enthusiastic to get out there away from it all, into the hills and woods, become the hunter and hopefully learn enough to pass on to my family so we can enjoy the beauty of our great land.

Sincerely hope for peace and resolution to those affected by this tragedy.

Good luck to all this season, hopefully the forums will be filled with less dark subject matter, and with pics and tales of triumph.

Cheers,

I think you are influenced by media too much.
    There has never been a safer time to be alive.
    Murder rates are on the decline.
    The problem is that now media is global, not local anymore, so you hear news from everywhere all the time.
    Then people with "agendas" latch onto anything that agrees with their view of the world and try to preach to the masses.
    Everyone is in a popularity contest now.
    Don'y worry, be happy!
    Pass the joint
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    The problem is that now media is global, not local anymore, so you hear news from everywhere all the time.
    Then people with "agendas" latch onto anything that agrees with their view of the world and try to preach to the masses.
    Don'y worry, be happy!
    Pass the joint
    There is truth in this post ^^^

we are bombarded with way more information than the past and as throughout history there is those who try to manipulate the information to push their message

Don'y worry, be happy!
    Pass the joint
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    There is truth in this post ^^^

we are bombarded with way more information than the past and as throughout history there is those who try to manipulate the information to push their message
    I definitely agree the media can be manipulated, and often is – I can't see how anyone could completely trust the press if it is owned by for-profit multi-national corporations and is beholden to advertising dollars... it's a conflict of interest in any other business...except government of course...

You're probably right... I live in Kelowna now, and it just seems there is a stabbing, murder, or body found every month or so... lots more addicts and mentally ill downtown here too... where we live... like I said, I need to get out more...

*out to the mountains that is!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Hey Josh,
    Just move across the bridge to the "best" side :P
    Lets get out together sometime? I also live in the Okanagan (West Kelowna, probably figured by now).

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    Hey Josh,
    Just move across the bridge to the "best" side :P
    Lets get out together sometime? I also live in the Okanagan (West Kelowna, probably figured by now).
    Lol! Sounds like a plan, I'll PM you my deets.

Cheers!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

— G. K. Chesterton

Don'y worry, be happy!
    Pass the joint
    You got that right.

I listened to a bunch of interviews that Global news did with some residents in Dease, Jade City, Iskut, etc.

Almost every question involved 'fear', literally one after another of ''are you afraid?'' ''is there a sense of fear in the community?'' ''these murderers on the loose must make the town feel unsafe'' ''we keep hearing people are scared to go outside'' etc.

News doesn't involve reporting facts anymore. Has to be an agenda & amplified drama to grab attention.

We live in a very safe country. Through the internet and social media we are just amplifying the bad and as we know "if it bleeds, it leads" in media.

Here are some figures from Stats Can.

• in Canada firearms related homicides is not even a rounding error statistically 0.61 per 100,000 population as per 2016 Stats Canada. This means that any homicide can lead to 'dramatic increases' when the numbers are so low already. This is a subset of an already very low homicide rate: 1.68 per 100,000 population) https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/.../54879-eng.htm
    • What are the leading causes of death in Canada? #1 Cancer. 79,844 died in 2017. Same year how many died of homicide? 459. https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1...pid=1310039401

If you are not intentionally leading a life that would put you in harms way you should not fear violent crime.

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

I read a news report saying that they were not the guys rcmp were looking for
    Ya I read that too. Turns out they found two dead aliens probably from Mars. Their space ship is missing the two suspects are still on the run NASA is now involved. Its all finally starting to make sense.

its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this