Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remington 700

Re: Remington 700

Don't worry to much about the weight. Lots of animals have died in the mountains from lead out of rRemington 700's. I would have it gone over and use it and keep it even if you find a newer lighter rifle to use. Never know who you might have a chance to pass it on to.

^^^^^^^^Good Post^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post

Seriously? You must be having a bad day or something. #1I did not hijack anything I merely replied to a post you made expressing my(and Id bet at least 80% of other owners) who have had a special firerm passed down to them by friends or family. #2, there was nothing disrespectful in my post, I truly do feel sorry for anyone who does not understand and appreciate what it is like to be entrusted with an item any item that was once held dear by another. Things are passed down out of love and respect and to poo poo that trust is IMO disrespectful to the OP and the great gift he was trusted to keep in the family. Not once did I degrade or disrespect you for your feelings (or the lack there of) I only stated how sad it made me that people put monetary value higher than the trust given to someone when beloved items are passed down to them. Do you get the reason behind PM now Beau?

I am having a good day. Always funny to laugh at a computer warrior. If you read my post, I stated quite clearly that it was my opinion and that I don't judge. You have decided to judge, not once but twice. Well I guess I am the one that feels sorry for you. Have a good weekend computer warrior!

WOW ! RJ

PS: Great Rifle that 1993 Rem M700 30-06 ! Just Happen to have one myself ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    So I just got into hunting last year, and my grandpa gave me my first rifle. It’s a Remington 700 BDL in 30-06. I’ve read
    that their quality went downhill in 1993, and I checked the serial numbers and my rifle was made in... 1993. Anything you guys could recommend to help me improve the rifle? Is it worth it? It’s a little heavier than I would like as mountain hunting is the hunting that has interested me the most. Thanks!
    My gun that has done some serious killing is the Remington 700 BDL Mountain Rifle in 30-06 topped with a beat to shit Leupold 3x9-40mm.
    This rifle has been dropped and dumped more than a psychotic Portugese girlfriend.

Killed some big bulls and some MD into the mid 200's with it.

I will say this......
    Give a true and invested hunter a 3-03 british and cheap scope that knows how to hunt and he will always crush it compared to guys that obsess about equipment over knowledge and time invested.

Shit golfers that keep upgrading to better equipment every yr that don't invest in being better will always be shit golfers.

Beau, you use that rifle with pride.
    Feel honored to carry it.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Where's the LIKE button ^^^^^^
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    My gun that has done some serious killing is the Remington 700 BDL Mountain Rifle in 30-06 topped with a beat to shit Leupold 3x9-40mm.
    This rifle has been dropped and dumped more than a psychotic Portugese girlfriend.

Killed some big bulls and some MD into the mid 200's with it.

I will say this......
    Give a true and invested hunter a 3-03 british and cheap scope that knows how to hunt and he will always crush it compared to guys that obsess about equipment over knowledge and time invested.

Shit golfers that keep upgrading to better equipment every yr that don't invest in being better will always be shit golfers.

Beau, you use that rifle with pride.
    Feel honored to carry it.
    Hah, I like that analogy. And some wisdom to boot. Thanks

I have one, not certain on the year and it has served me fine. I would not mess with it at all if it is putting rounds where you want them.

XPEIER

Try shooting it....my Remington 700 shoots great, and it's a lot newer than 93'....

I have several Remington 700's in different calibers. Definitely one of my rifles of choice. The flaw with the safety in them is discussed in the documentary "Remington Under Fire". One relatively simple way to tell if yours is one of the affected models is if you have to disengage the safety before you can operate the bolt (load/unload), if you can operate the bolt with the safety on it should be ok.