Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any good areas for elk in 8-5 (Whipsaw Creek Area)

bosskiller Guest

Any good areas for elk in 8-5 (Whipsaw Creek Area)

I have never tried to hunt elk before and would like to know if anyone knows any particular areas along Hwy 3 in 8-5 where there is elk. I am planning to head in that area. I would also like to know how the hunting pressure is up there.
    Last edited by bosskiller; 09-16-2005 at 02:43 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any good areas for elk in 8-5 (Whipsaw Creek Area)

im not too sure but ive heard the elk hunting there has really dwindled over the last number of years. but i havent been there for like 10 yrs. back then we heard lots of bugling but i never did see any bulls. just cows

Thumbs up Re: Any good areas for elk in 8-5 (Whipsaw Creek Area)

About 10 years ago the elk where coming on strong now they seem to be far less around. About 5 years ago the Co up there told me there was only a couple of 6 pionts around. Or they just go smarter then us and hide better good luck on your hunt.

they are there but you will need to spend more than a weekend up there.

That area is heavily hunted especially after Oct 1. Lots of mulies mostly does. I heard 1 elk bugling last fall west of the whipsaw valley.

I would look in the Kennedy Lake area or go up the Copper Ck. FSR and look around up there. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

check out friday creek or sunday summit, seen two at the summit in august, might find something at garrison lakes, go in at the sunday summit turn off, and head in, about 500 yard up i seen six rabbits along main logging road into lakes, not to many birds. get up high and scope for bears , seen some big ones in that area.

It's the almost off season now and as usual deep diving into hbc threads. Any update here haha? I imagine the same as most animals in BC not tons but with some hard work and scouting I can find one. But pm's are welcome I know there are some 6x's to be had

more hunters than elk for sure if you are trying your hand at calling be careful you dont get shot!!! There are much better places for elk but you may get lucky Ive been hunting sasquatch for years havent got one yet but i'm thinking positive.............maybe the princeton elk hang out with my bigfoot!!

14 year old thread, I wonder how the hunt went? Lol