Quote Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Also relatively new to traditional bow hunting. 1st purchase was a vintage recurve & I added a takedown several years ago. This provided options on getting limbs of different strengths. Am up to 50 lb limbs currently and can comfortably pull that with good accuracy & consistency. Shoot carbon shafts & ordered arrows online from an ebay vendor in the US. 1st batch was very good quality so I ordered another batch from him. Didn't really set out to fletch arrows, but have found myself damaging fletchings during practice sessions, so replacing them has become a necessity more or less. Got the glue from West Kelowna store before it closed out & ordered feather fletchings online.

The vintage 40 lb recurve on my 1st bow hunting excursion 2017. Like the noob I was, a mish mash of arrows, some with vanes instead of fletchings. Didn't take long to figure out vanes were not good for my feather arrow rest! I've cut vanes off all arrows that had them & replaced with feather. Actually a good source of cheap carbon arrows with vanes can be found in local stores. Sometimes worth the effort to cut off the vanes & refletch.

The new takedown out in the field

As practice improves grouping, the fletchings take a beating.

Looking forward to early archery season coming up! No success bagging a large animal yet, but I did harvest one of these little guys.
I want to fletch my own because I want to shoot of the shelf instead of a rest but I never thought of just cutting the veins off carbon arrows and re-fletching... might be a worthy endeavor. For now as I transition. Would also be a good use of my older beat-up arrows I was shooting on my compound.

Is that a Samick Sage? thats what I have right now. Starting at 30lbs but I'll be looking to change the limbs once I get more consistent and accurate.

and nice bird! Hopefully I can at least get a few of them this year and build a bit of confidence for next season.