Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi Seasoned- LEH elk

Semi Seasoned- LEH elk

Hello all, I am coming up to your beautiful province in a weeks time to chase elk, mule deer, and wolf. Bull River area as far as i know. Was curious about any and all input in that area. Feel free to p.m. me, it is guided, but I have been twice in the states once in wyoming near yellowstone in grizzly country and once in Utah. Was succesful both hunts with a bow. What kind of elevation are we talking up there? Lots of bears? How about elk? And big ones? 320-330"+? also curious about the deer. Thank you for any info, if your tight lipped I totally understand that as well! Have a great hunting season guys stay safe out there!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Semi Seasoned- LEH elk

who your hunting with might help, on letting you know what might be expected.

Do you seriously not know?
    I can't imagine not having these answers before booking a hunt with an outfitter.

I hope you have a fun hunt, and don't leave disappointed.
    If you become disappointed with the hunt, recognize who to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaMan View Post
    Hello all, I am coming up to your beautiful province in a weeks time to chase elk, mule deer, and wolf. Bull River area as far as i know. Was curious about any and all input in that area. Feel free to p.m. me, it is guided, but I have been twice in the states once in wyoming near yellowstone in grizzly country and once in Utah. Was succesful both hunts with a bow. What kind of elevation are we talking up there? Lots of bears? How about elk? And big ones? 320-330"+? also curious about the deer. Thank you for any info, if your tight lipped I totally understand that as well! Have a great hunting season guys stay safe out there!
    Hey, welcome to the site!

Beautiful country there and as LBM mentioned, knowing which guiding outfit you are going with would help. Silent Mountain? Shadow Mountain? I believe those are the ones who's territory is in the Bull River area

I have no info on the area but wanted to say welcome and good luck with your hunting trip. Sounds like it will be a great time.
    Montec

Don't know where you're hunting but best of luck to you and enjoy your trip.

we will be hunting in MU 4-22 I believe, I will send an update after the hunt, starting to get really excited!

Plenty of grizzlies to be encountered. Elevation will depend on where the guide takes you. Elk could be in the river bottom or in the alpine with the goats. Zone is huge.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

I wouldn't expect the numbers of elk or mule deer you would see in Wyoming or Utah, nor the quality of heads. You can expect to see some grizzlies. GD

4-22. West border includes the Rocky Mountain trench, anywhere east from the trench, terrain gets steep & gnarly toute de suite ,