Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement towns

Re: Retirement towns

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Dude, those are givens. Everyone knows that stuff is true. I thought we were discussing things that might or might not be true. Like climate change. And the shape of earth.
    Guys, this post is about where to retire, not Global Conspiracies.
    Obviously tho', great minds like Salty and I have chosen Hope as a great place to retire ergo it must be a good place.
    Now, back to the shape of the Earth, we all know it's flat, otherwise the Australians would've all fallen off.

well didn't read through 11 pages of replies, just got the tail end of the deep state conspiracies lol

but after living in Chetwynd area, I think that would be at the top of my list for where i want to retire.....chetwynd, fsj, tumbler, I could see myself living out my days quite happily around there
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Guys, this post is about where to retire, not Global Conspiracies.
    Obviously tho', great minds like Salty and I have chosen Hope as a great place to retire ergo it must be a good place.
    Now, back to the shape of the Earth, we all know it's flat, otherwise the Australians would've all fallen off.
    Hope's not just the the little whistle stop where the highways branch out anymore. We've even got a 7-11 now!
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    well didn't read through 11 pages of replies, just got the tail end of the deep state conspiracies lol

but after living in Chetwynd area, I think that would be at the top of my list for where i want to retire.....chetwynd, fsj, tumbler, I could see myself living out my days quite happily around there
    Looked at Tumbler Ridge pretty closely several years back to do with an opportunity that got trumped by another one. Anyways my take away its a nice little town more services than most it size like a lot of ex company towns. And some fantastic hunting opportunities.

Everytime I drive thru blue river and barriere I think this is where I'd like to be. Toad river is another one that appeals to me as well

Quote Originally Posted by koothunter View Post
    Been a year and a half since Ruffed made this post. Crazy how true his words are and how much is already happening! Maybe you can look into that crystal ball of yours and tell us how much longer we have to put up with the Turd!.....And where I can get a 200" muley in 2021.
    Since my last post on this thread I am now retired in the Cariboo, 20 minutes from 100 Mile and so far it's been great.
    I drive to town every 7-10 days for shopping and enjoying the quite, clean air here.
    Some locals say there are some big mulies around and real estate is still cheap.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I wonder if Qualicum will still be a retirement town in thirty years when I retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I wonder if Qualicum will still be a retirement town in thirty years when I retire.
    I found Qualicum to be by far the bitchiest community on the island. Newspapers constantly full of fights about nothing, entitled attitudes, turn everythig down everyone got a big grouch on where ever you go in town. It won't ever be much unless a lot of things change there. But probably always somewhat of a retirement town.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    I found Qualicum to be by far the bitchiest community on the island. Newspapers constantly full of fights about nothing, entitled attitudes, turn everythig down everyone got a big grouch on where ever you go in town. It won't ever be much unless a lot of things change there. But probably always somewhat of a retirement town.
    Isn't that the collective nature of retirees? Especially Baby Boomers, the most selfish generation in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

It sure can be