Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement towns

Re: Retirement towns

Cranbrook or Creston are the small towns that are very nice to retire..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed View Post
    Very interesting thread and a lot of great information here. I don't know which town or towns would be best to retire in, but I will mention some of the trends that are coming which one may wish to consider. I know I will get some hate mail on this, but, I don't really care.....So here goes.....

1). I believe we are in Global Cooling and not Global Warming. We have had 3 successively colder/longer winters in North America and Europe. If this next winter is colder or longer, then that will be a confirmation of the trend and we can expect much colder and longer winters in the years ahead.

2). The civil unrest cycle is picking up, so moving forward it may be unsafe to live in any of the cities or towns where there are a lot of SJW's.

3). Food is going to become much more expensive for 2 reasons...because of the shortened growing seasons and eventually (2024) because of the decline in value of currencies as people lose trust in Governments.

4). Commodity prices (which include oil and gas) will have an interim peak in 2024, so expect much, much higher fuel costs going forward.

5). Broke Governments will start to go hard after your money and your assets and real estate is a sitting duck as you can't pick it up and move it....

6). The Canadian $ will move sharply lower vs. the U.S. $ over the next 5 years. That means food, gas, and everything priced in U.S. $'s will be much, much more expensive.

7.) We will move from deflation (currently) into a period of stagflation which means much higher costs for everything, with a slower economy...but this will not be a demand type of inflation, it will be a cost-push inflation.....the cost/push comes in because of higher commodity prices and higher taxes.....

These are the big trends that will take place over the coming years, so I just wanted to give people a heads up and something to think about as you make your life decisions. These trends are going to affect everybody and the people who feel that life has wronged them will petition Governments to do something for them, but Governments won't be able to help as they are broke. This is going to make for a lot of angry people and Governments have actively pointed at "the rich" who in their view don't give enough in taxes, as the primary problem for their ineptitude. This WILL give rise to civil unrest and may make richer people vulnerable.....I am making decisions now in my life based on these trends, as I want to protect myself and my kids. You can call me crazy, and you may disagree with me....but, just look at what's happening now, people are uneasy. There is a lot of anger out there. I see it everyday in drivers and just in people's attitudes. Everyone knows that something is wrong, but most can't put their finger on what it is. Governments will exploit this and further divide the people. I would urge everyone to seriously consider their financial choices in light of these trends. I hope this post helps at least one person.......If it did, them please pm me.... blessings to everyone....

Been a year and a half since Ruffed made this post. Crazy how true his words are and how much is already happening! Maybe you can look into that crystal ball of yours and tell us how much longer we have to put up with the Turd!.....And where I can get a 200" muley in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by koothunter View Post
    Been a year and a half since Ruffed made this post. Crazy how true his words are and how much is already happening! Maybe you can look into that crystal ball of yours and tell us how much longer we have to put up with the Turd!.....And where I can get a 200" muley in 2021.
    Sounds like a Martin armstrong subscriber.

Nothing makes my eyes roll faster on this site than people saying "we had 3 cold winters therefore global warming isnt a thing"

*face palm face palm*

Its GLOBAL warming. It has nothing to do with YOUR winter or any winter. It's the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature. You can have a -100 winter it doesnt mean shit when the rest of the globe is getting hotter on average.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Nothing makes my eyes roll faster on this site than people saying "we had 3 cold winters therefore global warming isnt a thing"

*face palm face
    Its GLOBAL warming. It has nothing to do with YOUR winter or any winter. It's the AVERAGE GLOBAL temperature. You can have a -100 winter it doesnt mean shit when the rest of the globe is getting hotter on average.

your 100% correct on this one

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post

*face palm face palm*

Yes. Plus the over all warming has thrown the jet stream off kilter a lot more often. In stead of smooth lines curvy lines on the map running east and west there's big dips north (bringing a lot colder than normal weather) and south (bringing a lot hotter than normal weather). In other words in addition to the average temperature being slightly warmer abnormal weather is happening more than it used to.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Yes. Plus the over all warming has thrown the jet stream off kilter a lot more often. In stead of smooth lines curvy lines on the map running east and west there's big dips north (bringing a lot colder than normal weather) and south (bringing a lot hotter than normal weather). In other words in addition to the average temperature being slightly warmer abnormal weather is happening more than it used to.
    C'mon Salty, everybody knows climate change is a libtard construct with no scientific basis, designed to make sheeple conform. As if insignificant humans could actually alter God's plan for this earth, ha!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

albravo you need to up your game... throw the Deep state, Soros eating babies and AOC is the devil's daughter. Then people will take notice. LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    albravo you need to up your game... throw the Deep state, Soros eating babies and AOC is the devil's daughter. Then people will take notice. LMAO!
    Dude, those are givens. Everyone knows that stuff is true. I thought we were discussing things that might or might not be true. Like climate change. And the shape of earth.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

We should embrace climate change in a couple years Ft. Nelson is going to be a retirement meca. Not too close to the edge of the earth either so its got that goin for it ...