Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement towns

Re: Retirement towns

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Port Alberni would be good. Inexpensive homes and good access to hunting and fishing.

Maybe a bit too working class for some folks though.
    Not WHEN the BIG earth quake happens ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Moose63 View Post
    Parksville/Qualicum would be my pick
    As a homeowner in Qualicum, I'll say it's great if you have much money.

Beware of Parksville; it has a tent city that keeps coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I love lillooet or Clinton or Williams lake area myself. But I’m a long ways away from retiring but looking to buy up there in the future. My wife’s mom and dad now run old airport gardens in lillooet that there grandpa started. Beautiful place for sure

Rossland. Though I am still thinking of it from the perspective of someone who skis and mountain bikes. Not sure that will be a feature when I am retired. Lillooet is great too.

it seems like at least half the population there is retired. very much like Sidney.

I moved 9years ago from nanaimo to blind bay. That was .exell move..near salmon arm,,80km from kammy.. .4seasons ,,not too dry all green..beautiful big lake shuswap..fishing hunting all near....great shooting range but if somebody doesn't, like small and quiet area dont come here.. house tax ..1000$ big house..
    Before ya make big move...check blind bay..I know honest good reality here..(rare today )..give me shout..f..g

Nobody say anything about bc ferries YET? I have 21 years experience about those big boats..not always so nice.. well I was building many of them too..no leaks..f...g

Tumbler Ridge is a wicked town, has most of everything, but for major hospital would be Dawson creek or Ft St John so a bit of a drive, but for outdoors it’s 4 seasons, lots of cheap housing etc... I’m not sure if I could retire there as it’s pretty small for me
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

My votes in for Chase, BC, moving to the Area this fall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    SADLEY ! Gonna be some Cheap Real Estate there and around 100 Mile House Soon ! RJ
    If it's not one thing, then it is another and another. I speak of 100 Mile. No new news is good news.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"