Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Canada, Fishing is very different!!

Re: New to Canada, Fishing is very different!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbc View Post
    If you seek a technical style river, for czech nymphing etc... introduce yourself to the Skagit river. Beautiful country, and not that far out of town. I prefer the Silver Skagit section, but many like the access from Highway 3.
    I love technical nymphing styles. Its all Iv done on Rivers.
    Ali

"It is a blessing of the wilderness life that it shows us how few things we need in order to be perfectly happy." - Horace Kephart

"Don't ever be afraid to try something!! Remember a lone amateur built the ark and a large group of professionals built the titanic..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Seeing that your in the lower mainland .... have you picked which target species you want to go after .. I can suggest trying for some “searun cutttroat “ it’s been awhile since I’ve gone after them a lot of tributaries of the river hold them .... worth some research
    Im not really fussy on species. I just want to catch to start with. I will look in to the Searun troat, Thank you.
    Ali

"It is a blessing of the wilderness life that it shows us how few things we need in order to be perfectly happy." - Horace Kephart

"Don't ever be afraid to try something!! Remember a lone amateur built the ark and a large group of professionals built the titanic..."

this is a pink salmon year on the mainland. They should be starting in the Squamish River now. That's where you should be heading now. The run lasts into late August.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbc View Post
    this is a pink salmon year on the mainland. They should be starting in the Squamish River now. That's where you should be heading now. The run lasts into late August.
    Thanks RiverBC, I will have to look into this!!
    Ali

If you want to catch trout in bc read this book

https://troutwaters.ca/products/morr...akes-paperback

my sister (who is a much better angler than me) got it for me as a birthday present 20? years ago and it’s all you need. An entertaining read as well.

One of my favourite passages from the book was in the leech chapter. In describing his dislike of leeches the author wrote “the fact that trout like leeches does not improve my view of leeches. It only serves to lessen my opinion of trout”.

get it and have the curtain of uncertainty lifted.