Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: PAL Status

Re: PAL Status

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    do you think they are trying to pry the hand guns out of collectors that don't shoot anymore with this tactic of asking for a proof of membership?...
    I doubt anyone is loosing guns over it.
    Someone came up with the idea that the only logical reason to own a handgun in Canada was to use it in sport shooting/ target sports, so somehow having a club membership insures that is the intended use. More paper BS not based in reality from the likes of wendy
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

A few years ago when I took my RPAL at silvercore, and if I remember correctly- they were legally required to have it processed in 28 business days. I called after 6 weeks, said their time was up and asked why was there an issue. The woman gave me a number and told me to have my references call. They called an hour later, and 2 days after that I was approved.

Sorry RON.C been away fishin:

The last time the problem was that I don’t have any restricted guns registered, they asked why, I explained that I owned a couple 35 years ago but don’t now. Simple enough to sort out, but I guess it is on me to phone them if they have a problem with my re-cert.

The time before they contacted me with a similar concern, seconds to sort out but then I waited months. I eventually contacted them and they repeated the same question , I received it in a few days. I got the impression it got lost in their re-cert shell game.

Just got my restricted back. Took a little over 2 months this time.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

If they are waiting on reference checks, get the file number and have your references phone them otherwise if they try and don't get a hold of them it goes to the stagnant pile. My PAL expired (Oooooppppps) so I had to reapply. Decided I may as well get my RPAL as I had done the testing but didn't want to go through the hassle of the whole reapplication process at that time. Kept phoning the RCMP until a woman actually dug it out , gave me the reference number and advice. Most helpful person that I have ever dealt with there. I was super polite and respectful when talking to her and it worked. Had my references call and had my license back 7 weeks from when I mailed the application.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    So I sent renewal for my RPAL online a week ago and didn't see anything requiring I include a copy of my range membership. Do I have to send them a copy now?
    If they need it WHY it is not asked in first place??...why later,,slowing down whole process..

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    If they need it WHY it is not asked in first place??...why later,,slowing down whole process..
    Exactly. It wouldn’t be any harder than a photo attachment. In fact, it could be exactly that. An attached photo of a club membership.

But that makes too much sense.

Great... I let mine expire and renewed it shortly after in June... I checked the status online and it says it was processed and approved and to call if I don't receive it in 2 weeks.. I wonder when it'll actually arrive.. Reading all these posts has me a bit worried now.

Finally got mine in the mail today. started application Mar 3.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

I just called today and they told me mine was printed on Friday and sent for mail out. Fingers crossed that I will have it by next week