Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Status

Re: PAL Status

Sooo, you have an RPAL that you attempted to renew well before expiry and even though you're paid up and approved, they haven't sent your card out.

What happens if/when you take your handgun to the range?
    Is the cop gonna say, "No worries brother, the gubmint printer is slow, enjoy your day?"

I send my renew in today..by fast mail...I have about 50days till mine will expired.. I was told ,,if not getting it back till that..no worries there is 6months extension for pal..just cant take guns out of gun safe.. no hunting,,no shooting ......nobody is not gonna kick my door in....whatta brick?, ,,f,,,,g

Went to Costco April 17th for photos for PAL renewal form. Mailed out PAL renewal forms regular mail and $60 Canada post money order for "Reciever general" on April 18th. Recieved my new PAL yesterday. 3 months roughly from mail date till I got it. Guess I got lucky. Ramshot

My RPAL was very late and I was getting antsy. Kept getting the runaround with no answers . Had submitted my request on-line and that was my mistake.The CFO (some police officer) needed to see a copy of my club membership and when I sent them a copy got my card by return mail. Too bad the firearms on-line application doesn't ask for a copy or mention their necessity in seeing it .Too bad they are too busy to phone and say what the holdup is , I guess they are too busy answering calls from people looking for answers.

Guess it's time to get off my butt and renew the RPAL.
    Having printer problems so where can I go to get a paper copy of the application ??
    Service BC a/o Service Canada offices ??

You can do the entire application online, take a selfie with your phone and submit it along with payment. No need to even step out to a mailbox, did mine this way in 2017 for a renewal.

Arrow Re: PAL Status

Quote Originally Posted by Visle View Post
    ...The CFO (some police officer) needed to see a copy of my club membership and when I sent them a copy got my card by return mail. Too bad the firearms on-line application doesn't ask for a copy or mention their necessity in seeing it.
    That's because it is something completely MADE UP by the CFO. NOTHING in the regs require this, it is simply bullshit.

They ran me into non-compliance renewal before last, due to this very issue.
    But they certainly scrambled fast when my Lawyer called them and explained what he was going to do to them in court.
    Took 3 days after that particular call.

Renewed last fall, even though it wasn't due until April
    That time took one week.
    Message learned I guess.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by bankshot View Post
    You can do the entire application online, take a selfie with your phone and submit it along with payment. No need to even step out to a mailbox, did mine this way in 2017 for a renewal.
    I,ll try yesterday,,,, actually my son was helping,,,,didn't, go through..crashing...only get my form by comp. Send it in by courier service..waiting

sorry if this is a derail but has anyone got any experience with upgrading from a pal to an rpal? wait times? potential hassles? I need to do this some time in the near future....

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    sorry if this is a derail but has anyone got any experience with upgrading from a pal to an rpal? wait times? potential hassles? I need to do this some time in the near future....
    Us RPAL’ers are the most scrutinized people in Canada. You’d think we are the bad guys. The first time took forever. And I recall my first restricted purchase took five weeks to complete, it would have been longer but I started to raise a stink.