Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Status

Hybrid View

Post PAL Status

I probably already know the answer which is sweet F-All.

Aug 8, 2019 will be 1. year since my CC was charge for my PAL application.

The application is correct nothing wrong with it was done at the facility I did my course though in Cloverdale. I've called to verify this as well.

Since day 1 my online account has said your application has completed its initial process blah blah blah BS.

From what I'm told its at the CFO in BC - live in Langley. Waiting for background checks I'm told for final approval.
    Guaranteed its wherever just sitting collecting more dust.

I've called 10 times !!
    Last 2 times the lady (CFO office in BC) said call back in 4 weeks if you haven't heard any reply or received it.
    At end of each call lady says she sends an email to CFO letting them know I have inquired about where the F my Pal is.

I called today same written script usual.

I love how the recording says continuously "Thank you for being a responsible firearms owner" I reply everytime well I'm trying lol but you Ain't letting me.

Is there anything else I can do ?
    Hunting season is 2 months away not sure thats enough time for it to arrive lol.

Thanks
    CB
    Or am I just sitting and waiting for who knows how long.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PAL Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bob View Post
    I probably already know the answer which is sweet F-All.

Aug 8, 2019 will be 1. year since my CC was charge for my PAL application.

The application is correct nothing wrong with it was done at the facility I did my course though in Cloverdale. I've called to verify this as well.

Since day 1 my online account has said your application has completed its initial process blah blah blah BS.

From what I'm told its at the CFO in BC - live in Langley. Waiting for background checks I'm told for final approval.
    Guaranteed its wherever just sitting collecting more dust.

I've called 10 times !!
    Last 2 times the lady (CFO office in BC) said call back in 4 weeks if you haven't heard any reply or received it.
    At end of each call lady says she sends an email to CFO letting them know I have inquired about where the F my Pal is.

I called today same written script usual.

I love how the recording says continuously "Thank you for being a responsible firearms owner" I reply everytime well I'm trying lol but you Ain't letting me.

Is there anything else I can do ?
    Hunting season is 2 months away not sure thats enough time for it to arrive lol.

Thanks
    CB
    Or am I just sitting and waiting for who knows how long.
    I've been waiting for 1 year and 2 months. I finally got ahold of the fire arms officer on the Island and he asked me couple questions then approved. That was approximately 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    I've been waiting for 1 year and 2 months. I finally got ahold of the fire arms officer on the Island and he asked me couple questions then approved. That was approximately 3 weeks ago.
    Did you ask to speak with the CFO ?
    Is that an option ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Bob View Post
    Did you ask to speak with the CFO ?
    Is that an option ?
    Friend of mine out of Ladysmith had the guys phone number and gave it to me.

Call you local MP and ask them to contact the CFO on your behalf.

I had the same issue. It took me a year and 3 months to get mine. I just got it last week. I took my course at the same place in Cloverdale. I contacted my local MP John Aldags office and his case worker (Ajay) sent a bunch of emails, to the local CFO office and also to people in Ottawa. They finally responded a month later, stating they were sorry and they “forgot” to check on my application after it was sent to a CFO, then it was approved the next day. I contacted the CFO office in Surrey over 20 times, however I was never allowed to speak to the CFO. One lady who works at the office also gave me this email - cfp-pcaf@rcmp-grc.gc.ca which gets you into direct contact with the chief firearm person in Ottawa. I hope it works out for you, it’s really a frustrating time and I was always nervous I wasn’t going to get it even though I have no criminal record. Good luck and contact your MP!

Just a question, are these problems with initial applications or renewals?

Call the CFP at 1-800-731-4000 and ask to be transferred to the CFO for your province. If it's been a year, that's 11 months too long. If they are unable to get hold of your references, its just going to sit there collecting dust until you provide references they can contact. If your credit card has been charged, this means that it was approved, so something has gone wrong with mailing it to you.

Credit card is charged upon receipt of the application, so not an indicator of approval status.

The long wait times for initial application (and even some renewal scenarios) are not unheard of, perhaps even common recently.

I've had my renewals pushed through a couple times just by calling in, but I'm not sure if that works for initial applications. You might try asking IF they were able to reach your references and ask if you should have your reference call in.

For what it's worth, with the renewals I have had success 1) being friendly 2) saying that hunting season is starting up soon and am really hoping not to miss out on the season. Then they just put me on hold a few mins, call the CO, tell me it's approved and I'll have it in 2 weeks

Mine got held up because of my "record" I have been arrested but never charged. And my driving record apparently came into play because it shows disdain for the law. Not sure if you have had any record or whatever but that definitely affects it. I called and waited the 45 minutes to get that explination.