Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Status

Re: PAL Status

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Us RPAL’ers are the most scrutinized people in Canada. You’d think we are the bad guys. The first time took forever. And I recall my first restricted purchase took five weeks to complete, it would have been longer but I started to raise a stink.
    my dad has what used to be my great grand dads collection of old pistols rifles and guns..he has added new ones as well...he told me last summer, in no uncertain terms, that it would get passed to me.....he was very concerned where it would go after I died as my son is not a gun person....I would be happy to pass it to my nephew after I go but I think it will go smoother and less be less stressful if I already have my RPAL in hand

So I sent renewal for my RPAL online a week ago and didn't see anything requiring I include a copy of my range membership. Do I have to send them a copy now?

That or wait for their letter requesting it. I ended up faxing them a copy.

My Wife got her Renewal in 2 months Nearly to the DAY ! RJ

My application was processed April 30... Still checking the mailbox daily for my PAL. Been told it's the printer problem previously. Gotta love the guvment

Interesting, did my online application in early February, as old RPAL expired in March. Got the wrinkles taken care of by May and was told my card was getting sent out...Well it just arrived today.

Weird thing is, it doesn't expire until March 2025. Math ain't my gifting, but that seems awful close to 6 years away. My other cards have always expired in 5.

Something change, or is the gubmint just happy I'm a responsible gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by northof49 View Post
    So I sent renewal for my RPAL online a week ago and didn't see anything requiring I include a copy of my range membership. Do I have to send them a copy now?
    You can just email it in and say "in reference to renewal for (license number) please find the attached proof of gun club membership"

I did that, got a confirmation email saying they forwarded along the info to the appropriate person. I think it even gets the process going faster. I checked a few days later online and it was already approved (less than 1 week from submitting online to approval) I suspect when they open up your rifle to link up the membership, they just smash the old "approve" button while they're at it

do you think they are trying to pry the hand guns out of collectors that don't shoot anymore with this tactic of asking for a proof of membership?...

I have never understood how it can take so damn long for some people to get their Pal. I received my pal+rpal 3-4 days after the minimum possible wait time. Everyone's application should be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    You can just email it in and say "in reference to renewal for (license number) please find the attached proof of gun club membership"

I did that, got a confirmation email saying they forwarded along the info to the appropriate person. I think it even gets the process going faster. I checked a few days later online and it was already approved (less than 1 week from submitting online to approval) I suspect when they open up your rifle to link up the membership, they just smash the old "approve" button while they're at it
    Good to know....I will try it out. Thx