Thread: Rennell Sound Camping

Rennell Sound Camping

Need advise regarding Rennell Sound camping

Heading there next week and will arrive on the Friday ferry at 5:00PM.

Considering heading directly from ferry to Rennell sound however I am wondering if it is reasonable to expect any camp sites to be available at the Rennell sound recreation site. In general how busy does it get there?

Will be Tent camping (shore fishing - no trailer or boat) and do not mind camping in back country style if there are any random camping options for the area?

If anyone with experience camping in the area could please advise - especially if there are any unofficial camping sites or areas where it is ok to pitch a tent in the event the recreation area is full.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Sitka_Hunter; 07-17-2019 at 08:07 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rennell Sound Camping

I don't remember it being a provincial park so as forestry land I believe you are allowed to camp where ever...just try and leave it as you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitka_Hunter View Post
    Need advise regarding Rennell Sound camping

Heading there next week and will arrive on the Friday ferry at 5:00PM.

Considering heading directly from ferry to Rennell sound however I am wondering if it is reasonable to expect any camp sites to be available at the Rennell sound recreation site. In general how busy does it get there?

Will be Tent camping (shore fishing - no trailer or boat) and do not mind camping in back country style if there are any random camping options for the area?

If anyone with experience camping in the area could please advise - especially if there are any unofficial camping sites or areas where it is ok to pitch a tent in the event the recreation area is full.

Thanks in advance
    Haven't camped there, but drove down to have a look. Beautiful spot. Seriously long/steep road down there.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Camped there beginning of June last year. It was already starting to fill up as most of the good spots are taken by residents who set up for the season.
    You shouldn’t have a problem finding somewhere to set up a tent.
    If you have anymore questions send me a pm.