Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting time

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Venting time

I don’t agree with the situation you describe in any way shape or form but I have done quite a bit of reading on and about what is a First Nation and what are the rights as a First Nation Person ?

So if I’m reading it correctly it states that they are a Nation (Country) within Canada and can govern themselves as they see fit, ie- make their own rules and laws, this is why Conservation Officers pretty much wash their hands of anything they do as we in most cases see as illegal,

This is why they must be consulted in every decision the Canadian Government makes ie- Trans Mountain Pipeline so in short they are a Country within a Country and can do whatever they want with no repercussions from our Canadian government.

The Supreme Court of Canada has made this ruling in several different rulings and in doing so has pretty much ruined this Country we know as Canada,

I’m not sure how many First Nations ( or bands ) are within Canada but they are all describing themselves as individual Nations (Countries) and again govern themselves as they see fit so this is why you have for example - a group of Chiefs representing 10 or so bands wanting to push and purchase The Trans Mountain Pipeline through and another bunch opposed to it ?
    This is the reason the snivelling wimp we call a Prime Minister is apologizing and cowtowing to them at pretty much every press conference, ie- saying if the TM Pipeline goes through First Nations could own 50% 75% or even a 100% of the TM Pipeline......as well as your elected Provincial and Municipal officials doing the same shit daily.

This is why they can have road blocks during hunting season which they deem legal in their Nation and we see as illegal in our Province/Country

So yeh in short this Country is completely phucked and these situations will only get worse ALOT WORSE as time goes on as there is no way you can Govern a Country like this.........

Just take the Moose Population in parts of B.C. for example, we see it in crisis and needs immediate attention through limited opportunity or complete closures, Predator control and enhancement and some bands continue to harvest cows, calves and bulls 24/7/365 for sustenance and ceremonial purposes....the biologists in B.C. must beat their heads against the wall trying to manage animals in crisis when you have no control on harvest rates ???
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Geez, 3-5 a week? I haven't even managed to get my first.

Ever thought they might have a permit on said land,that would explain much...

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    He replied saying he was adopted in 20 years ago and was now native and has over 1000 acres he needs to manage.
    ****ing bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    He says he takes 3-5 deer a week...such bullshit and does from what I've seen. Find it very hard to believe.
    I wouldn’t sweat it. If he’s pulling 150-250 deer per year off of a single 1000 acre plot, he’ll soon run out of things to “manage”.

I would like to “ceremonially” smack some people up side of the head with a cast iron pan sometimes...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I don’t agree with the situation you describe in any way shape or form but I have done quite a bit of reading on and about what is a First Nation and what are the rights as a First Nation Person ?

So if I’m reading it correctly it states that they are a Nation (Country) within Canada and can govern themselves as they see fit, ie- make their own rules and laws, this is why Conservation Officers pretty much wash their hands of anything they do as we in most cases see as illegal,

This is why they must be consulted in every decision the Canadian Government makes ie- Trans Mountain Pipeline so in short they are a Country within a Country and can do whatever they want with no repercussions from our Canadian government.

The Supreme Court of Canada has made this ruling in several different rulings and in doing so has pretty much ruined this Country we know as Canada,

I’m not sure how many First Nations ( or bands ) are within Canada but they are all describing themselves as individual Nations (Countries) and again govern themselves as they see fit so this is why you have for example - a group of Chiefs representing 10 or so bands wanting to push and purchase The Trans Mountain Pipeline through and another bunch opposed to it ?
    This is the reason the snivelling wimp we call a Prime Minister is apologizing and cowtowing to them at pretty much every press conference, ie- saying if the TM Pipeline goes through First Nations could own 50% 75% or even a 100% of the TM Pipeline......as well as your elected Provincial and Municipal officials doing the same shit daily.

This is why they can have road blocks during hunting season which they deem legal in their Nation and we see as illegal in our Province/Country

So yeh in short this Country is completely phucked and these situations will only get worse ALOT WORSE as time goes on as there is no way you can Govern a Country like this.........

Just take the Moose Population in parts of B.C. for example, we see it in crisis and needs immediate attention through limited opportunity or complete closures, Predator control and enhancement and some bands continue to harvest cows, calves and bulls 24/7/365 for sustenance and ceremonial purposes....the biologists in B.C. must beat their heads against the wall trying to manage animals in crisis when you have no control on harvest rates ???
    Thanks for that information. Goid to know. What pisses me off is this guy is not a native doesnt live on the reserve. He was married to a native had two kids got a divorce.
    I'm confused as I have never heard of any native bands adopting a white and giving him status. Especially in Nanaimo!!!
    I hope I hear back from whomever deals with the RAPP reports soon.
    I lost a old friend over this but I firmly believe in legal hunting and not killing young does. 3 to 5 a week is bullshit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ever thought they might have a permit on said land,that would explain much...
    They might not sure doubt it as it's a farmers land he says he manages. He is white non native!!! He shouldnt be allowed to use his native kids or half breeds as he calls them to get game meat...

Quote Originally Posted by LegerSmash View Post
    Geez, 3-5 a week? I haven't even managed to get my first.
    I know right!? I've known this guy for 30 plus years and he has been posting pics on his fb page for a few years now and I finally had enough.
    I spoke to a good friend of mine who teaches the CORE and PAL courses.
    He said it seems very fishy. So I called my ex friend out on it and bang he lost his shit on me blocked me on fb message.
    One friend down but I believe in legal hunting and I feel what he is doing wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    just because it is legal does not make it right
    obviously he is taking advantage of a failing system
    This. Legalities aside, (I'll admit I'm completely unversed on the topic) his behavior is beyond unethical and disgusting.

Good for you BStrachan for asking the questions and doing what you think is right. If they couldn't tolerate the questions and chose to end your friendship like that, then it doesn't sound like that bad of a loss imo.
    Last edited by Dash; 07-17-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    This. Legalities aside, (I'll admin I'm completely unversed on the topic) his behavior is beyond unethical and disgusting.

Good for you BStrachan for asking the questions and doing what you think is right. If they couldn't tolerate the questions and chose to end your friendship like that, then it doesn't sound like that bad of a loss imo.
    Thanks for the support man. I've never been in this situation as a new hunter only been at it for 4 years without a single shot! But I love being out there such an adventure.
    Maybe he is allowed but I need to know as the poor deer he is taking are very young some ivč seen are 2 points but mostly spikers and always says it's a head shot and it's his boy who shoots them..I call bullshit.
    Thank you again..Friends come and go

Is his fb page public? If so, you could accidentally post his name here so we can shame him mercilessly
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.