Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting time

Re: Venting time

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Yup I believe you are correct my friend.
    Where are you located on the Island?
    I'm in Nanaimo but hunt North of CR

Victoria, but we mostly hunt nitinat out towards Bamfield, as well as west of P Hardy twice a year. We being my 10 year old son and I.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    Do you ever think about what you are saying
    God dam you are ignorant
    it is in unethical for starters
    and if he is truly shooting two to three deer a week
    he is selling it or wasting it
    nobody can eat that much
    just because it is legal does not make it right
    obviously he is taking advantage of a failing system
    I do think about it, and I of course agree with you.

I was making a point. Folks who've read the 'support my friend' thread might see what I was getting at.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Friend of mine again from LadySmith who teaches the PAL and CORE course reported the same guy for having a picture of his 8 year old holding a postal and they weren't at the range.
    I tried to find the law stating that your kid could NOT HOLD a handgun while in the presence of the legal owner of said handgun.

I get that you need to be at an approved range to discharge one, but that doesn't seem to be the case in your description.

Obviously I'm assuming they were in the house where the handgun is registered to be stored.

I have researhed this a lot. I can tell you that every part of this sounds illegal. A first nations person with a legal status card on their OWN territory can do whatever they want. A non first nations person is not allowed to be a part of the hunt in anyway on a First Nations food hunt. The only way you can is if you are blind folded and speak nothing of hunting at all.

During the regular season first nations do not need to buy tags or a licence. Their status card counts as all of that and a non first nations person can hunt with them.

There is no such thing as a granted status. Even a step father is NOT allowed to take status children out. If a status first nations is out on a food hunt and you are driving buy and they ask for help lifting it into the truck that is ILLEGAL.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    Obviously I'm assuming they were in the house where the handgun is registered to be stored.
    The picture is of the guys son standing on a dirt road pointing a pistol. The law states the pistol can only be transported from your house to the gun range as you already know

The picture is of the guys son standing on a dirt road pointing a pistol. The law states the pistol can only be transported from your house to the gun range as you already know
    That makes sense; the dirt road part was missing in your other post.

Just finished talking to a friend who teaches the CORE and the PAL he says it's very suspicious never heard of a white guy being adopted into the native culture and given status.
    I'm reporting tonight online. If I'm wrong and it's legal fine but if not hope he loses everything
    I'm afraid that it has become a practice of late. Native bands can bestow status at their discretion. Sometimes those that would be entitles are denied, other times those who should be denied are entitled. Nevertheless, most are "watered-down" and I doubt that there is a full blood south of the 60th parallel.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    That makes sense; the dirt road part was missing in your other post.
    Sorry Riverotter

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I'm afraid that it has become a practice of late. Native bands can bestow status at their discretion. Sometimes those that would be entitles are denied, other times those who should be denied are entitled. Nevertheless, most are "watered-down" and I doubt that there is a full blood south of the 60th parallel.
    Thing I've known this guy since I was a kid and he 100 percent white so that is why I'm confused as to how he can go and shoot deer whenever he wants. Oh well I'll see what comes of my RAPP report.